This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     onsomu
    Participant

My website members cannot log into the website because everytime they try to they receive this message

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.

What is the problem could you help me please

Kieran
    Participant

Hi @onsomu,

To me this appears to be a host issue rather than a WordPress or Kleo issue. You should first ask your host why this is happening. If you’re running a cache try adding /wp-login/ and /wp-admin/ to the exclude list.

At the end of the error does it also state something along the lines of “Additionally a 404 error..”?

Kieran.

onsomu
    Participant

No it only shows 401 error.

Radu

Hi,

As how Kieran says, this isn’t related to the KLEO theme, it’s a server thing, if the problem persists ask the hosting provide for additional informations
    Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     onsomu
    Participant

Logging in through the normal wp-login is working but this javascript login window is not working. What might be the issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran
    Participant

Hi @Onsomu,

If it is the login modal that is not working you should start by disabling all plugins apart from K Elements, Visual Composer & BuddyPress, clear your website cache, local cache and any services like CloudFlare and see if the issue continues.

Please also supply a basic user account and password to login from my end and I will see what I get.

To confirm, login works from both /wp-login/ and /wp-admin but not from the login modal?

Kieran.

onsomu
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     onsomu
    Participant

I tried to deactivate all the plugins so that i can login using the javascript window but it didn’t work, so i don’t think any plugin has a conflict,

Radu

I see,

You are hosted somehow on wpengine ?

Anyway take a look here : http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/wordpress/prevent-unauthorized-wp-admin-wp-login-php-attempts

FYI : This is not a theme problem

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     onsomu
    Participant

I found another solution, anyway thanks for the help

Radu

no problem

cheers
    R

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?