This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     McNitefly
    Participant

Dear Kleo Support,

on my start page, I use the Kleo Blog Grid, implemented via VC. I have filled out the regular wordpress excerpt field, and in the backend of the post checked the “VC: Use individual excerpt” in order to make also excerpt a link on the start page.

Unfortunately, the post grid ignores the custom excerpt, but uses the regular first sentences of the body text. Is that a known bug, or am I making a mistake?

Link follows in private post.

All caches are cleared (several times, browser and caching plugin), the page saved several times… .)

Thanks,
    Tom

McNitefly
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

I see it was added with the Visual composer grid so make sure you have added an excerpt field to the chosen grid element and also that the excerpt field is filled in the post edit. See attach

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     McNitefly
    Participant

Yes, I double-checked it:

The custom excerpt is filled out, and in the chosen grid element, the post excerpt element is present.
    Also, all caches are empty.
    Any idea?
    Thanks,
    Tom

sharmstr

Probably a plugin conflict. I went through VC’s code and they are using the standard WP get_the_excerpt function: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_excerpt

Returns the excerpt of the post. This is either a user-supplied excerpt, that is returned unchanged, or an automatically generated word-counted trimmed-down version of the full post content

Have to added any code that filters the excerpt? Maybe you have a plugin that filters it.

Furthermore, its working on my sites. I tested on 3 of them. See attached.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?