This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Dmarkham.

• Author

Tagged: 

Dmarkham
    Participant

I’ve disabled Buddypress but am using bbpress and pmpro. My “Register” menu link sends me to the “membership-account/membership-levels/” page.

My goal is to allow people to register for free (to get access to a public forum) without creating a PMPro membership.

What am I missing here? Thanks.

Dmarkham
    Participant

Clearly I’ve screwed something up. On a different test installation, register works as expected. Suggestions on how to fix this? Or figure out where the issue is?

In the other test installation I also see options when editing menus under KLEO dropdown for “Live Notifications” and “My Account”, which I don’t see on my other development site.

Dmarkham
    Participant

Oops. I should look before I leap. The Live Notifications and My Account are apparently only available if Buddypress is activated. And deactivating Buddypress removes all the registration fields except username and email. Which is fine for my purposes.

Laura

Hello, do you need free registration always or just at first?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Dmarkham
    Participant

I think I’ve now created what I want. I just used the bbpress registration shortcode to allow people “participant” status. They can then purchase a PMpro membership to gain access to restricted content. Which raises another question (I’ll investigate but maybe you know), if people ‘register’ and then purchase a membership does that create another user? The original registration can ‘go away’ once they purchase a membership.

The only reason I want the free registration is to allow access to a public forum.

Laura

Helo, if a person buys a membership, he/she buys it for his account, he doesnt register again

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Dmarkham
    Participant

Ok. I’ll have to see how that works. Can I assume if they try to purchase a membership (and they’re not logged in), if they enter an email address that’s already registered, they’ll be asked to log in? Or does that email-identified account just get updated to membership status?

Laura

Hello, when they try to buy a membership without being logged in, 2 buttons will be in checkout, login and register

Dmarkham
    Participant

Great – thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?