This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by bassfan.

• Author
     bassfan
    Participant

I’m using the VC Search on my homepage similar to the Kleo Pinterest Demo.  I would like that search to search in four custom post types that I have created, but not search pages/posts.  However, my custom post types do not show up as an option.  See attached image…

Any idea why that is?  CPTs are created using Custom Post Type UI plugin.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     bassfan
    Participant

Ok image didn’t attach correctly so trying again.

bassfan
    Participant

Trying once more otherwise file upload seems broken.

sharmstr

I found this information regarding CPTs and the search form shortcode: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/questions-kleo#post-75283

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

bassfan
    Participant

Well that makes sense so I tried that but it didn’t do anything. I selected posts and pages just to find where it was setting it in the shortcode, got rid of posts and page and changed it to my custom post types (context=”series,tournament,angler”). It didn’t seem to affect anything. I searched for “frequent” and it still found the “frequently asked questions” page that is a page…not a cpt.

Any other ideas?

sharmstr

I installed that plugin
    Created a new CPT called movies
    Added a new movie called “My First Movie”
    Created a new page and added the search form shortcode
    Switched to classic mode and change the search content to movie
    Saved the page and searched ‘first’
    It worked without issue.

Keep in mind, once you click “view all results”, you will be taken to the WP search results page that shows posts and pages as well. The shortcode search context setting is only for the ajax results, not WP results.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     bassfan
    Participant

You’re right sharmstr, I knew that but didn’t think about how the search results page was going to show everything regardless. Checked again and it works as you described, all is well. Sorry for making you go the extra mile. Thanks for the awesome support!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?