This topic has 40 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hello,

I’m a little confused on how to use regular website KLEO sign up process versus Paid Membership Pro, or how they work together?

When a new user signs up on my site via the website KLEO registration process, do they automatically get added as a user to Paid Membership Pro? If not, is there a way to do that? It seems strange that a user would have to register again, just to be added to the Members List, in Paid Membership Pro.

In addition, at this time I only plan to have FREE memberships. However, I want to be able to hide content (i.e. pages, posts, etc.) from visitors who are not members yet, or who are not logged in.

Could you please give me a little guidance?

Thanks!

Laura

Hello, KLEO is a theme, it doesnt handle registration, buddypress does, and buddypress registers Users which are the same as pmpro users, they all use the same USER database, so if an user registers using kleo modal it will be registered as a wordpress user, and all plugins related to wordpress users will be integrated.

Paid memberships pro is a membership system, after your users register using normal registration or kleo modals they will activate their account, then, after they login for the first time, the membership level table of pmpro will appear, allowing them to choose a level

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Thanks for the explanation.

When a user signs up via Buddy Press, can the automatically be registered with PM Pro as a member? Would rather not have the user sign up twice.

Thanks!

Laura

Hello, not right now, they need to login and they will see the levels.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hmmm, okay. That’s not what I need. Can you recommend a plugin that allows me to hide content for non registered or non logged in users?

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Trying to use PMPro with the site, but it doesn’t seem to work. Followed the setup process, but the PMPro pages do not display properly.

For example:

http://5firemen.com/membership-account/membership-levels/

As you can see, the page is blank, even though the correct short code has been placed in the editor.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Laura

Hello, did you add any level? At Memberships > Levels

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Yep, I sure did. See attached snapshot. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, please share admin credentials so i can check it out 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, page is not blank 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Haha! Must have been a caching thing, again. Sorry about that. I’ve turned off all caching while I develop the site to prevent this type of confusion from now on.

One more question @laura

I’m trying to streamline the user experience during the registration process. From what I have found, when a new user registers, their account is automatically integrated in WP and Buddypress.

However, in order to restrict content to registered users only (i.e. Groups, User Profiles, etc.) their account must also be listed in the PrePaid Membership Pro plugin. But, in order to do this, the user must register again via the PPM Pro interface? Essentially, they have to sign up for an account twice?

If so, this is very confusing and discouraging for the new user.

Is there a way to connect the WP and Buddypress registration process with PPM Pro, so the user’s account is integrated with everything during the initial registration process?

Thanks for all your help. 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

I learned a few things since my last reply…

Turns out when someone registers using PPM Pro via http://5firemen.com/membership-account/membership-levels/ that the new users account information is automatically integrated into WP and BP. This is fantastic! It’s exactly what I wanted.

So, quick question…

How to I change the link in the KLEO Sign-In modal that says… “or Create an account” so that it directs to the above link? And, if I do, will it cause any problems with other site functions? I just don’t know if there is a functionality issue that needs to be addressed if the user signs up on a page that isn’t the “Register” page?

I would also need to change the destination of the “Register” link, in Login/Register drop down, of the top menu. How do I do that?

Thanks again for all your help!

Cheers!

Laura

Hello, basically the register page of buddypress is just a way to make the user fill some profile fields at the registration. But as paid memberships pro and buddypress use the same wordpress user type, pmpro dusers do also have a profile, like they registered with buddypress, just that they dont have the default profile fields filled, but they can edit their profile anytime.

So, you can redirect the link to pmpro without problems.
    Go to wp-content/themes/kleo at your hosting file manager or ftp
    At the folder page-parts, find the file general-popups.php, copy it
    Now go to wp-content/themes/kleo-child
    Create the folder page-parts and paste the file inside
    Edit the file
    Find

COPY CODE

<p>
                        <em><?php esc_html_e( "or", 'kleo_framework' );?></em>    
                        <a>" class="new-account">
                            <?php esc_html_e( "Create an account", "kleo_framework" ); ?>
                        </a>
                    </p>

Replace with

COPY CODE

<p>
                        <em><?php esc_html_e( "or", 'kleo_framework' );?></em>    
                        <a href="YOUR URL">
                            <?php esc_html_e( "Create an account", "kleo_framework" ); ?>
                        </a>
                    </p>

Change YOUR URL for the url to redirect them so they can register

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

I’ve been doing a lot of testing. Please read the last two replies (in addition to this reply) so that we are caught up to date. 🙂

With all my testing, I created a demo page to try different scenarios. You can find the demo page here: http://demo.5firemen.com

I’m really close to getting it right. Just two questions…

1. I want to use the login & registration design on the home page of http://demo.5firemen.com. When a new user registers on the home page, once they click “Register” how do I redirect the following page to the Paid Members Pro Membership Levels Page?

2. Is there a way to pre-populate the Paid Membership Pro Registration forms with the credentials entered during registration, so the new user does not have to duplicate the process with the same credentials they entered on the home page? Repeating the process is confusing and might cause them to abandon the process.

My goal is to make the registration process as streamlined as possible. I hope to minimize new users from abandoning the registration process.

Ultimately, the final product will be here: http://5firemen.com

Getting really close! I’m excited! Thanks again for all your help!!! You’ve been amazing 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Haha! Looks like you were replying at the same time I was writing my last reply.

So, if you read my last reply, is there a way to…

1. Use the login & registration design on the home page of http://demo.5firemen.com. When a new user registers on the home page, once they click “Register” how do I redirect the following page to the Paid Members Pro Membership Levels Page? I will try the code you provided in your last reply. Thanks for putting that together 🙂

2. Is there a way to pre-populate the Paid Membership Pro Registration forms with the credentials entered during registration, so the new user does not have to duplicate the process with the same credentials they entered on the home page? Repeating the process is confusing and might cause them to abandon the process.

My goal is to make the registration process as streamlined as possible. I hope to minimize new users from abandoning the registration process.

Thanks again, you’re awesome! 🙂

Laura

Hello, for 2- Well, it would need some development, if you use the register modal, you could just redirect the register to pmpro registration, i mean, skipping that process ( by adding a custom link menu item with the name Register and url to pmpro register page)

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Hmmm, the truth is, they only reason I’m using PMPRO is to take advantage of how the theme provides options to restrict content (i.e. Buddypress pages/content) from non logged in users. That’s what I am trying to achieve. I haven’t found a way to do that without PMPro.

In addition, I don’t really need to have Membership Levels. The site was designed to be free for all users, yet require user registration, so that only registered users could access content.

Is there a way to restrict the same content from non logged in users, without all this extra stuff, like PMPro?

Thanks again for everything. 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

In addition to my last reply (please read, about the code), can you tell me if there is a way to edit the pricing language for each level on the Membership Levels page? All levels are free, so I want to eliminate all language regarding price; but don’t see a way to do it.

I also don’t see a way to eliminate the bullet items at the bottom of each level. How do I delete that language too?

Essentially, all I want levels to display is:

————————-

ACTIVE DUTY

For members currently serving a fire service agency

(Select Button)

————————–

Is this possible?

Thanks!

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

By the way, for my last two replies, here is the webpage, for reference.

Thanks @laura

Laura

Hello, if you want to restrict the site so only members can access try https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-members-only/
    About the code, see the href? well, your website url (to redirect users to that url ) is between the ” ”
    so href=”YOUR URL HERE” delete what its inside the ” ” and add that

What do you mean by language?

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, for 1, can you share ftp?
    2- Add this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

.pmpro-price {
        display: none;
    }

And at theme options, at memberships, select to not show in table for each feature
    3- Go to Appearance > Menu and at the top of the page check Screen Options and check KLEO, you will see at the sidebar the KLEO section with Register item, add it and it should work 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

P.S. Is there a way to style the Membership Levels pricing tables? Background colors, button colors, borders, etc.?

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

P.P.S. In addition to my last to replies, when I added your code, with the URL http://5firemen.com/membership-account/membership-levels/ to general.popups.php, in a new folder called page-parts, in the kleo-child folder. The code correctly directs the user to the Membership Levels page.

However, if you go to http://5firemen.com, click Login, and you will see the question marks in the modal that appeared after I added your code. How do I get rid of those question marks? Did I do something incorrectly?

Laura

Hello, what you could do is at Menú > Appearance , delete The kleo login and register and replace it with The membership Page, just name it register

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Yeah, I’ve tried that, but the advantage to the KLEO Register button is that the “Register” link disappears after a user logs in. But, using the Membership Page labeled as “Register”, does not function the same.

Is there a way to direct the Kleo Register button to the Membership page, so that I can keep the functionality?

Thanks again for all your help. 🙂

Laura

hello, you could try using this plugin https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/ to control the visibility of the menu so logged in users do not see the register

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Great idea and works perfectly! See, that’s why I love you. 🙂

Okay, I think there’s only one more item to fix…

Look at Reply #141118 (in this support ticket). This is the code you provided for the login modal, so that the link “or, Create A New Account” would forward to http://5firemen.com/membership-levels

The link works perfectly 🙂

However you will see now there are four “????” (see attached pic). You can also go to http://5firemen.com and click the login button to see what I mean.

1. How do I get rid of the ????

2. I’d like to make the “Create An Account” font a little bigger so it stands our more.

How do I do that?

Thanks @laura. You’re the best!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Fixed 🙂 Check the files

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hey @laura

Sweeeet! Thanks for doing that.

Is it possible to increase the font size of “Create an account”?

Thanks. 🙂

Laura

Sure, just add this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

a.new-account {
        font-size: 18px;
    }

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Perfect!

Thanks @laura 🙂

Laura

Glad to help 🙂

mgkdes2001
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, answered by email, let me know if you want to continue here 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hello!

You mind sharing the solution here so we can all learn from it?

Thanks!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?