This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     bassfan
    Participant

I would like to include some content in tabs within a custom post type single page template.  I want it to look just like the four tabs on this page: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/accordion-toggle/

Is there any documentation or could I get an explanation on how I would do that outside of doing it in VC?  I need to put it in the single page template php.  Looking at the source it looks to be div class kleo-tabs tabbable.

thanks

sharmstr

Its not easy and its beyond the scope of support here. But I’m doing it on one of my sites because, I’m amusing for the same reason as you, the content of the tabs is dynamic.

What I did is built a skeleton of the tab structure I wanted in VC, switched to Classic Mode, and copied the shortcode that was produced. I used that do_shortcode() within my php template, substituting variables for the dynamic data.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

bassfan
    Participant

Thanks for the thought, I can probably handle that. Not the easiest but probably better than trying to make some other method look like that. Is there any reason you need to keep the “skeleton” page around as a page or can you remove it after you have the shortcode working in the template?

sharmstr

No reason to keep it. I just used it to build the shortcode.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

bassfan
    Participant

Well I messed around with it for a bit. I have it mostly working but it shows the Section ID in the URL like below when I click the various tabs. Because of that, it acts like its a new page load everytime and clicking back in the browser cycles through all my different tab clicks. It doesn’t do that in the VC created one. Any idea why that’s happening? If that’s beyond your desired support level, no worries and let me know…I’ll figure something out.

http://www.sitename.com/page-name/#1448773409088-7e1a68da-cc5d

thanks again

sharmstr

So the jquery isnt working. Couple of things to check

1 – Run the shortcode without any customization. Just copy directly into a do_shortcode call. See if it works. If so, then you’ve screwed up the code during your customization.

2 – If that doesnt work, compare your source code to the skelton page source code. You might be missing something that’s needed like a row element or a div. I cant remember off the top of my head if what the jquery is looking for.

If you still cant sort it out, attach the code in a text file and I’ll have a look.

bassfan
    Participant

Hey, I figured it out but you might want to know this if you don’t already. What was wrong was that I had chosen the “Tabs” element in VC. I went back and did it with the “Kleo Tabs” element and it worked fine.

The problem is though that I originally didn’t want to do the Kleo Tabs element because when you are adding text blocks to the tabs it says something about being deprecated since VC v4.6. That’s what led me to do the “Tabs” (note doesn’t say Kleo) element which didn’t give me that warning. However, that caused the problem in my last post. Creating a simple page in VC with the “Tabs” element and doing View Page causes the same effect I mentioned above. So something is messed up there.

I’m moving forward in my page template with the Kleo Tabs element shortcode, but let me know if you figure anything out with what I just described because if there are future updates with the two different tabbed content elements I want to be able to know they are coming.

sharmstr

Where are you seeing the deprecated warning?

bassfan
    Participant

– see attachment
    – Added a Kleo Tabs element to a blank page then click the Tab settings for the individual tab
    – Kleo Tabs element settings don’t say this

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     bassfan
    Participant

…Active theme is child theme of Kleo 3.1.3 (with nothing that would likely interfere with VC unless its a plugin screwing with it)

sharmstr

Got it. I’m asking the developers about it now. Will let you know what they say.

sharmstr

Its okay to use the Kleo Tabs shortcode. They had removed the deprecated warning on the tabs shortcode, but forgot to do it on the individual tab. They will be fixing that.

bassfan
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for looking into it. I have the tabs in my template working great.

sharmstr

Awesome!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?