This topic has 22 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     Mirek
    Participant

Hello.
    As topic say.
    I’m able to translate kleo by puting .mo and .po to wp-content/themes/kleo/languages/
    But I need to make this translation update proof (kleo update proof, when I update kleo I want my translation to be present after thame update)
    I was trying to put .mo and .po files in to:
    /public_html/wp-content/languages/themes/kleo-pl_PL.mo etc
    and
    wp-content/themes/kleo-child/languages/pl_pl.mo etc
    And it didn’t work, only wp-content/themes/kleo/language path is corect.

Any help with this?
    sorry for My English.

Radu

I suggest you to do this :

Copy you mo/po files, update the theme, then put them back into same location, if this dosen’t work, upload that translation files to wp-content/languages/

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Mirek
    Participant

hello.

Copy you mo/po files, update the theme, then put them back into same location,

I hoping on some thing more “automated”.

upload that translation files to wp-content/languages/

You mean /public_html/wp-content/languages/themes/kleo-pl_PL.mo ? (dida that no result)

Radu

I mean /public_html/wp-content/languages/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Mirek
    Participant

I tried that also, kleo-pl_PL.mo/po didnt work.
    This is only one theme that gives me so much trouble with translation ๐Ÿ˜‰

Radu

hmm, to place files in this location it should be correct, try to change your website language from PL to EN, then from EN to PL from Wp-Admin -> Settings -> General -> Site Language.

It works ?

Mirek
    Participant

still no efect ๐Ÿ™

Radu

If you not solved yet, please provide me admin and ftp credentials if you want to take a look.

Cheers

torbenj
    Participant

Hi there,

Iยดm facing the same issue with my site.

I have translated the files in public_html/wp-content/themes/kleo/languages to danish (da_DK) and I would also like these files to be update proof.

When I read this topic I donยดt know if itยดs possible to put the language folder inside kleo-child in public_html/wp-content/themes/kleo-child/languages

Would this work?

At the latest update I just did what you, Radu, suggested. I made a backup of the files and uploaded them again, but I would also like this to be more automated.

Please let me know if itยดs as easy a putting the language folder into the child theme..?

Ofcouse I could just try it, but I would like to know before next update.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards

Torben

Mirek
    Participant

none of this methotds work for me.
    I will check this methods on fresh test site.

Radu

Hi guys,

Try to do that :

Move and rename your languages files from:

wp-content/themes/kleo/languages/en_EN.mo
    wp-content/themes/kleo/languages/en_EN.po

To:

wp-content/languages/themes/kleo_framework-en_EN.mo
    wp-content/languages/themes/kleo_framework-en_EN.po

In order for the new location of the language files to take effect you will have to remove the files from the theme folder: “wp-content/themes/kleo/languages/”

It should work, i tested.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers

sharmstr

Hey Radu, but how does that make them upgrade safe? Given, an upgrade wont overwrite their files saved to wp-content/languages/themes/, but it will readd the default ones back into /kleo/languages. So if it does that wont it use those instead? Do they have to go back and delete them again?

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Mirek
    Participant

@Radu thx for this tip.
    “kleo_framework” work like charm.

@sharmstr
    just delete files in /kleo/languages. Or if You need to modify EN translation then try to put kleo_framework-en_EN.mo/po to /kleo-child/languages/ (just guessing)

sharmstr

@mirek – Having to delete the files after every update inst update proof. That’s my point.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Mirek
    Participant

@sharmstr did You try to put kleo_framework-en_EN.mo/po to /kleo-child/languages/ ?

sharmstr

@mirek – I’m not having a problem translating. My question is for radu. Thanks for trying to help, but I dont need assistance. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mirek
    Participant

@up You have right. I’m gona read more carefully next time ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Cheers.

sharmstr

๐Ÿ™‚

Andrei

We’ll, you’re right @sharmstr, we’ll do what it takes to make them “update proof” probably in the next update.

๐Ÿ˜€

torbenj
    Participant

Hi there again,

I just updated to the newest version of KLEO and it works renaming the files and putting them into:

wp-content/languages/themes/kleo_framework-en_EN.mo
    wp-content/languages/themes/kleo_framework-en_EN.po

But what will happen when we update WordPress?

Please let me know if this will work?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards

Torben

Andrei

It won’t happen anything when you’ll update your wordpress, it won’t touch the wp-content/languages folder.
    Cheers

wacha
    Participant

Hello,

After few month is there a solution to automated the process or do i still have to delete the language file after each update ?

Thank you

Andrei

Hi,

If you have any old custom translation ( not the ones that comes with the theme ) in the language directory from the theme directory then I recommend you to firstly back them up and then delete it.

Now if you keep your translation files as you said above in “wp-content/languages/themes/kleo_framework-en_EN.mo” everything should work just fine.

Do as I recommended ( don’t forget to backup ) and let me know if you encounter any issues.

Cheers

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?