This topic has 24 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     szmek9
    Participant
    • I noticed that when I use this plugin for storing my media. Images are served not scaled. Is it something I can do to work it with KLEO ?
    • WP Offload S3 Lite
     szmek9
    Participant

I also noticed that this are is serving not scaled miniatures. It is built using “Kleo Post” tool.

(see the main page at the bottom).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Did you had regenerated the thumbnails after plugin installation and configuration?

Cheers

R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     szmek9
    Participant

Yes

Radu

Hi again,

Ok but how the scaled images should be ?

The resolution on those images are a custom ones 480×601

Look for those image sizes under wp-admin -> theme options -> blog- > custom image size, change it and regenerate and should be ok…if you are seeing images ok but with the plugin no, it means the pugin uses an older cached resources empty those!

Cheers
    R.

Radu

You can add create a group button in the groups menu in group componenet using the next code

CODE : https://pastebin.com/raw/7a4yZ800

Via FTP go to : wp-content/themes/kleo-child/buddypress/groups/single/

Create new file named : home.php in that you will paste the code : https://pastebin.com/raw/7a4yZ800

If the folders from child missing create them like in the path.

Let me know

Cheers
    R.

szmek9
    Participant

I think that this post above me is irrevelant ?? Some mistake?

So the images are ok with this plugin WP Offload S3 deactivated, but once activated they are hosted on S3 amazon, and render in full resolution.
    I don’t know if it possible to fix it somehow, or is it something wrong with this plugin.

The best way for you to understand it would be to turn on this plugin, run google insight and then turn off, and rung page insight again and see the results, how different they are.

Radu

Hi,

Tried to install the plugin and to make a test with but it require Access Keys to can see the S3 and CloudFront panel, where can i see the plugin live on your site ? Or activate it on a staging install and leave it activated to can see how it behaves, admin credentials and FTP will be welcomed maybe i will need to change or to test something.

Cheers
    R.

szmek9
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu
    This reply has been set as private.
     szmek9
    Participant

I received such answer:

Hi Szymon,

WP Offload S3 (Lite) definitely supports properly registered additional image sizes, we’d have customers chasing after us with pitch forks otherwise!

If you look at the screenshot you sent me, there’s an elseif that checks whether the requested size is a properly registered additional image size.

Cheers,
    Ian

Radu

Hi,

I see, i will speak with the core developer about this issue, but i don’t know a ETA when i can give a solution momentary.

Will let you know

Cheers
    R.

szmek9
    Participant

Any news?

Radu

HI,

Yes,

Re-upload theme files by overwriting them via FTP

Download Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vs7Qj4KuraV0SMMsQFGEdWxXnoB7Zf6e/view?usp=sharing

Then empty all caches (flush images from cdn) switch the cdn off reload the news page again to use the new code…

Then regenerate thumbnails with this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/ reload again the news page then turn on your cdn offload plugin.

Let me know

Cheers
    R

szmek9
    Participant

do I still need to overwrite this theme files, or was it included in a latest release?

Radu

Hi,

From what i see in logs yes.

Let me know

Cheers
    R

szmek9
    Participant

it didn’t work unfortunately 🙁

Radu

Can you give a try with this one ? https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/kleo-wp-offload-s3/#post-193928

It’s mandatory to purge the CDN cache and to regenerate all your thumbnails.

Cheers
    R

szmek9
    Participant

I don’t know how to purge this plugin cache… It’s name is WP Offload S3 and files are stored on Amazon S3 Cloud Server

Radu

The plugin should have any option to do that or similar, ask the plugin support how you can delete the CDN content then after you regenerate your thumbnails enable and sync the cdn again.

Cheers
    R

szmek9
    Participant

I am still trying to find the solution for this topic. Here is what was found out in a debug.log, and what does the s3 offload support said

Hi Szymon,

Thanks for sending that over. I’m noticing a few errors that seem to be related to Aqua Resizer, which is a dynamic cropping plugin.

It’s likely that this is related, as Aqua Resizer is a dynamic image cropping plugin which doesn’t use the WordPress native functions for resizing images. Only image sizes registered with add_image_size will be uploaded to S3.

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/add_image_size/

We explain this in more detail in the following blog post:

https://deliciousbrains.com/on-the-fly-image-processing/

You can try adding a size of the required image sizes via the add_image_size() function to your site. You would then need to use a plugin like Regenerate Thumbnails to create the images and they will be automatically offloaded to S3.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Cheers,
    Matt

Can you tell me if your theme is using this Aqua Resize thing ?

Radu

Hi,

This should switch off the aq resize mechanism, paste the next code into child theme functions.php

code : https://pastebin.com/raw/Br2jKYtz

It should serve the original file no more resize.

OUr theme works already with add_image_size

Cheers
    R

szmek9
    Participant

thanks,
    do you this issue might have something to do with kleo settings in a BLOG section ? About cropping ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

The cropping it’s maden by the aq resized from what i know but using that snippet it should serve the initial photos without processing them, you can try to disable Crop instead of resize options or and Enable Custom Image sizes to test the plugin.

Cheers
    R

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?