This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Catalin.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

dsportal
    Participant

Hi there,

I need to change some of the text on the KLEO theme, eg, Avatar to Logo and Groups to Company Groups. I understand the best way to do is to use the language file in the /languages folder.

I have created a new mo file but it’s still not updating the text. What is the next step after creating the mo file?

Catalin

Hello,

Please take a look at this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     dsportal
    Participant

Hi,

I have used that plugin. It says that it’s activated but when I go to the theme it doesn’t display the changes.

Is it currently using the English/United States .mo file? or do I need to install an additional plugin to select which language file to use?

When I click on the en_US.po it says:

Error: The actual loaded translation content does not match the textdomain: kleo
    Expect, that any text you translate will not occure as long as the textdomain is mismatching!

Catalin

you can modify the selected english .mo file and replace what you need with your words.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     nkyantal
    Participant

+1 on this. I am using the same plugin but changes do not display.

raph1978
    Participant

+1 I edited the language file with POEDIT but the changes are not displayed.

Catalin

Hello,

In what languages do you want to translate to? Also, please take a look here:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/changes-dont-show-1

Thank you,
    Catalin

nkyantal
    Participant

Hi, Catalin-

I am using Sweetdate and both the English .po and .mo files since I want to replace all instances of the word “Group” with “Project.” I have tried using both the plugin Codestyling Localization and replacing the .po and .mo files (after editing the strings using POEDIT) in the languages folder on Sweetdate and in the Sweetdate Child Theme but my changes do not show up. Any advice?

raph1978
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I ran into the same problem as others. We’re trying to translate the theme to Polish and we would like your help as its a very daunting task. When we tried to edit the PO language files with POEDIT, it didn’t work. We tried also using the plugin, but to no avail. What PARTIALLY worked is editing
    /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages
    and editing the PO file there.
    The problem is, that this file is only partially responsible for the translation, so many things are still missing starting from:
    XXX changed their profile picture
    XXX posted an update
    XXX and XXX are now friends
    to
    was active X days, X hours ago.

as well as a bunch of messages in the settings page. Could you please help me find the PO file, that’s responsible for these translations, as its driving me up the wall?

Thanks
    Raph1978

Catalin

please consider the fact that the strings are located in the plugins used not only in the theme…

raph1978
    Participant

HI Catalin,
    this information unfortunately doesn’t solve any of my problems. I’m attaching a screenshot of my settings page. The red areas are the ones that are not available in the bp-languages.po file. Could you kindly let me know where am I suppose to look for them?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Catalin

@raph1978: please take a look here:

http://blog.maximusbusiness.com/2013/04/bp-profile-nav-positions-names/#change-subnav-tab

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?