This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by guy_fraser.

• Author

Tagged: , , ,

guy_fraser
    Participant

I’m running in to an issue with the left sidebar throughout my site – if there’s not enough stuff in it, the border only goes part way down the page (see attached pic).

Note: The right sidebar works fine though. It’s only the left sidebar that exhibits this issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, after many hours I think I’ve managed a way to have equal height column sidebar even there’s not enough stuff in it. This fix will not be available in v1.4.2(which is already packed for uploading) since I didn’t have enough time to test it.

Until then you can add the following lines in admin – Theme options/General settings/Quick css box:

COPY CODE

#main-container > .row {
    	overflow: hidden;
    }
    #main-container .template-page.tpl-3ll,
    #main-container .sidebar.sidebar-3ll,
    #main-container .template-page.tpl-3rr,
    #main-container .sidebar.sidebar-3rr,
    #main-container .template-page.tpl-3lr,
    #main-container .sidebar.sidebar-3lr {
    	margin-bottom: -99999px;
    	padding-bottom: 99999px;
    }

Regards,
    Robert

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     guy_fraser
    Participant

Awesome, will give it a go and report back.

Speaking of the CSS in theme options, what’s the difference between that and editing the .css in the child theme files editor? Should I always put my css in one or the other? I wasn’t sure why there were two places for adding css…

guy_fraser
    Participant

Just tried that CSS – it works! Great job!

guy_fraser
    Participant

^ FYI, so far I’ve tested it on latest Google Chrome on Mac OS X. Not tried other browsers yet.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

What you put in quick css box will rewrite all other rules and we usually use this only for quick fixes upon update releases.

Regards,
    Robert

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     guy_fraser
    Participant

Found a bug with this CSS…

If I’m on url A and click a link that goes to url B#whatever, I go to the new url with page scrolled to the html element with id attribute corresponding to #whatever, but the content above that seems to be hidden. It’s as if some JS has kicked in and decided the top of the page is where the #whatever id element is, and mostly everything above that is now hidden from view even when scrolling to top of page. Possibly some conflict with the menu bar auto-minification on scroll?

See attached screenshot. Note the left sidebar content, and the fact that the top part of the profile is hidden.

EDIT: If I was already viewing url B and then clicked a link on that page going to url B#whatever, the page scrolls normally. It’s only when navigating from some other page to a url with a # location in it that this issue arises.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?