This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Adam.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

Adam
    Participant

In order to stay consistent with over-the-screen pop-ups and alerts, including the login/forgot password modals, I’d like to try using the same elements for other custom alerts we have.

Right now I’m using a combination of javascript alert and slide-up banners here and there.

Is there a slick way to duplicate the login modal functionality with other pop-ups? (UI controlled by separate template, activated by data-reveal code on clickable element, etc.)

Adam
    Participant

Pretty easy actually:

1. Create HTML template for modal in /page-parts/
    2. ID the wrapper within the template “my_panel” or something
    3. In your footer.php, include the template with get_template_part (in my case, wrapped with some conditionals
    4. Whichever element is to trigger the loading of the modal, give it a data-reveal-id=”my_panel” (matching above)
     Adam
    Participant

For the content of the modal, I used get_post_field so we can control the HTML of the modal in the CMS
    eg:
    <?=get_post_field(post_content, 1901); ?>

Adam
    Participant

Next question:

HOW TO TRIGGER MODAL WITHOUT CLICKING SOMETHING??

We want to pop this thing up when logged-in users log in next time.

I’ll set a cookie when the close button is clicked, to prevent loading the next time.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi Adam, since Sweetdate is built on Zurb Foundation 3.2.5 framework check their documentation on adding new modals http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/v/3.2.5/reveal.php

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Adam
    Participant

This can be closed – I found everything I needed at Foundation and just never returned to close this thread

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Leveraging Modal Functionality for Alerts’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?