This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by knt.

• Author
     knt
    Participant

I have a multi-line text area in my extended profile. I’m wondering how should i limit it to 250 maximum characters only?

sharmstr

Do you want to limit it so they can only put in 250 characters or limit it so it only displays 250 characters? For the first one, ask on the BP forums since its their plugin and you’d have to edit their code. For the second, you can try to mimic it with some css: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26973570/setting-a-max-character-length-in-css

Instead of setting a width, you would set a height. The css selector would be .field_your-field-name dd

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

knt
    Participant

I want to limit the input to 250 characters only.

sharmstr

Then ask on the BP forums. Kleo doesnt control that.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

knt
    Participant

Okay @sharmstr, waiting for a reply from BP forums. Will post it here for others

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?