This topic has 19 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant

My text looks very crammed together. I tried to make the line height taller in my settings but I’m not getting any results.

I have tried changing it everywhere from 29px to 50px and it looks the same.

lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant

These settings work great everywhere else on my site but in visual composer. But there is no option in visual composer for line height.

If you look at this photo, the related posts have huge titles and text with proper line height, but the article is not getting any of those settings.

I can’t figure out which of the H1, H2, H3, etc are controlling what. If I use H3 in a post it is not the same as my settings for H3 but somehow it changes the titles of every post that pops up.

This titles in the posts in this photo are huge, but I don’t even know which “H” controls them!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant

Two examples, both pages built with visual composer. Each have different line height.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, we can fix this with css, let me know what line-heights do you need for each elements and i will give you the proper css 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant

Lets try a line height of 30px.

It’s confusing why it works on some pages but not others and I then have to then go insert CSS somewhere. You’d think i can have one option of changing the line height that would effect the entire site. Why does it pick and choose on it’s own where it decides to work?

Laura

Hello, 30px line height is a lot, also what element? title, excerpt…

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, try adding this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

#main p {
        font-size: 18px;
        line-height: 24px;
    }

Let me know if it works 🙂

lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant

So it took about 9 hours to work after placing it in my style.css, but now it works.

However, there are some places that I made smaller text of 14px, like the author name of an article. And for some reason those texts blocks are showing text of about 20px. So my font that I made to be small is showing up larger than my body text.

What do I do if I want to have certain places where the text is smaller? I can’t choose from within the text block settings because that isn’t working.

lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant

Here’s an example. The author information below the title was set to 14px. As you can see, now it is larger than the body text. Even going back into the posts and playing with those sizes won’t give me different results.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, its because of the css you added, please let me know exactly what sizes you want for each section so i can give you a better code 🙂

lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant

I use a text block for both of those sections there. Ideally I would be able to have the choice of deciding the size of the text anywhere I want.

The main body text I have set to font size 18px line height 28px. In the author box I created I made the font 14px.

Laura

Hello, i see, maybe you have a custom css that is overriding the change you did, can you share admin credentials so i can check it out? 🙂

lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, please check attached, its set as you did it, where exactly is it not showing?

Attachments:
     lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Radu

Hi,

If you want to have the “post meta” text smaller just include all of the meta into a div like this

COPY CODE

<div class="manualpostmeta">

<small>April 28, Admin, Blog</small>

</div>

And the CSS will be like this

COPY CODE

.manualpostmeta small {font-size:11px !important;}

Regarding the text block element form Visual Composer you can highlight any portion of text by using bold,italic or underline set color for potions of text or different heading for that text.

Cheers
    R.

lucasmarstonmusic
    Participant

I have no idea what a div is and where I would insert that. She gave me some code to insert into my style.css which is now controlling the text for my entire site. So if I want to make some text smaller or larger in certain places it won’t let me.

Visual Composer won’t let me add post meta like author and date, so I have to do it manually. If I follow your instructions and highlight the text in the textblock and choose a specific size, nothing happens. It stays the same size as the other text.

Where do I insert <div …. code? In my style.css? I don’t see how inserting April 28, Admin, Blog will help because it doesn’t even know that I am talking about an Admin or Author, it’s just text.

In the future I am going to need other text blocks that are different sizes. I think the code she gave me for the style.css won’t allow me to do that. I need a solution to be able to choose what text size and height I want where ever I want.

Radu

Hi,

Maybe i don’t understand correctly, but the visual composer doesn’t work with posts…

How do you add the date,author and category mannualy ? For this, is the example from above to include that you have added mannualy into that div

COPY CODE

<div class="manualpostmeta">April 28, Admin, Blog</div>

Then by using this css you can control that area.

COPY CODE

.manualpostmeta { font-size:10px;line-height:20px; }

The line height of a content of a post can be controlled like this and the css cam be added to wp-admin -> theme options -> general options -> quick css

COPY CODE

.article-content p {
        line-height: 2em;
    }

If you cannot handle with these you will have to look for a web programmer to help you to create a function that add automatically meta ( author,date,category )

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?