This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     corpor8chic
    Participant

Hi there,

Can you suggest how I might directly link to the Submit articles page from my sites Main navigation? I think its a little hard to find.

Laura

Hello, do you mean backend or frontend?
    What is the actual url of your submit articles page?
    You can use that url in a menu item, or create a button in a widget / page

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

corpor8chic
    Participant

Hi there,

I mean the frontend, for guests to submit articles. Isn’t that link dynamic as its part of the buddypress profile menu? Each link would have to be different or is there a submit article page?

corpor8chic
    Participant

As in the direct link I see is /community/members/admin/articles/new/ but that won’t be true for all members only for admin.

sharmstr

You can add links to any section of the profile using placeholders. See this: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/not-all-bp-components-showing-up-in-the-wpbp-menus-panel#post-60051

Yours would be something like ##profile_link##/articles/new

Though the ‘community’ in what you say is your direct link is worrisome. It should be http://www.yoursite.com/members/admin/articles/new/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

corpor8chic
    Participant

Thank you sharm,

Kleo is not located on my main-site. I am only using Kleo for its FANTASTIC buddypress/community feature. It seems to work fine thus far…My site is really a magazine site, but Kleo while wonderful for its buddypress development is lacking for a strong magazine theme.

However I could at this point make Kleo the mainsite I guess..I am wondering why you say its “worrisome”.

Thank you for your insight!

corpor8chic
    Participant

And YES I knew I read this somewhere!

With BuddyPress/bbPress installed you can add a link to your profile with ##profile_link## in the URL input from Links section bellow. Example: ##profile_link##/messages

sharmstr

Okay, no worries then.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?