This topic has 28 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by MScDre.

• Author

Tagged: ,

sharmstr

How can I make links clickable when used within a video background header?

Imagine if the text box here had a link: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/portfolio/video-background-header/

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Right now this is added in app.css
    .bg-full-video .container, .bg-full-video .container-full {
    pointer-events: none;
    }

try setting
    pointer-events: auto;
    but this will make the video non click-able so you can play it or pause it with click

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hello there,

You should add this:

COPY CODE

}

I see you added pointer-events: none;

See how it goes

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

PS. I forgot to tell you that I like your site 😀

---

sharmstr

I’m so sorry. Its been a hectic 36 hours getting the site launched and I didnt read your answer correctly 🙁

And thank you. We’ve been dragging our feet for over a year on how we wanted the website to work. As soon as I showed my partner the stuff that you did with the portfolios, things took off. Its nowhere near done, but its live and we’ve landed a bunch of clients over the last two weeks because of the portfolio layout.

SO, I should be thanking you and the rest of the team. I knew spending all of this time answering questions on here so you could spend more time focusing on the theme would pay off 🙂

Oh, and the css works 😉

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

glad that works 🙂

I really appreciate your help here and I don’t have words to express it. Hoping you can do this in the future since I see you are very good with Kleo now 🙂 and find a way to make it worth.

Also if you need some design feedback to get the site going I can let know Robert so he can take a look at it.

PS. We have added a cool element so you can make it snow on your site, with the holidays and all 🙂
    Check it out
    http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/merry-christmas/
    http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/merry-christmas-happy-new-year/

Will be releasing the update tomorrow.

---

sharmstr

LOL. When I first read about the snow element, I rolled my eyes thinking back 10 years ago and the ugly snow effect that people used. I should have known that you guys wouldn’t release anything ugly. That snow effect is pretty damn cool.

Abe
    Keymaster

hehe 🙂 Yes indeed is old school but is pretty neat 🙂

Also checkout the moderator dashboard if you go to support home page 😀
    still doing some improvements but it should help

---

sharmstr

moderator dash?

Abe
    Keymaster

I was just extending bbpress functionality since it wasn’t thought as a support forum. check out the attach

---

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

sweet!

Rincon805
    Participant

Sorry to piggyback here, but @sharmstr, if I may, how did you manage to get the video header to span full width and autoplay?

Thanks,

Abe
    Keymaster

@Rincon805 make the section full width by editing the row from Visual composer which contains the video and set the Inner container to No

Adding a video background to a section should make it auto play by default

---

Rincon805
    Participant

Thanks for that, Abe. Is the autoplay the default option for video hosted on our own server – b/c I wasn’t seeing that functionality.

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

Yep, see it here http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/portfolio/video-background-header/

---

tgspijkerboer
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a form element on a video background which is not clickable but the above solution did not work. Could you help me out on this one as well?

the URL is: test.startjeintervisiegroep.nl

thanks!

Timo

sharmstr

It does work. I just added the css to your page using the inspector tool. See attached.

Try it again.

Attachments:
     tgspijkerboer
    Participant

yep, it does, don’t know what I did wrong the first time.
    thx!

sharmstr

No problem. If you look at the top of this thread, so did I 🙂

MScDre
    Participant

Hello I am also trying to make the video background not block clicks and input, doing a test here http://808.564.myftpupload.com/masterminds-event/ when I inspect the page sourceit would seem that its already got pointer-events: auto @abe

sharmstr

Yes, but you also have a container in there that the rest of us didnt have. See attached.

COPY CODE

}

Attachments:
     MScDre
    Participant

Oh ok, not sure what i did different, just using the back end visual editor

MScDre
    Participant

Ok I have just tried a new page and only added one element in the Beckoned Visual Editor and still it behaves that way http://808.564.myftpupload.com/test/

sharmstr

I gave you the fix already. Please use it 🙂

sharmstr

and even in your test, you’re still putting a container in there. On my site, it was for a button.

MScDre
    Participant

I am not intentionally adding a container sorry I am just adding a section as per normal, I would love to use your fix but I am not sure where in the backend editor to change that setting

Attachments:
     sharmstr

I’m not saying your’re intentionally adding it. It happens when you add forms. Basically I was telling you why so you’d have a better understanding of how all of this works and why the og fix didnt work for you.

Whenever we give you css, put it in Theme Options > General > Quick Css.

MScDre
    Participant

AWESOME! thank you

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘links not clickable in video background header’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?