This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     dznstudios
    Participant

Hi I can’t seem to get live messages to work on the menu bar, I’ve installed buddypress, paid for wise chat pro, installed and activated.

It shows live notifications as an option on menu but not live messages?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

The live messages feature will only appear when you have messaging enabled in BuddyPress. Currently you have messaging disabled and therefore you will have no option for it.

To enable this please go to WP Admin > Settings > BuddyPress > Components and check the box for ‘Private Messaging’.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

dznstudios
    Participant

Thanks Kieran that worked, my next question is how to get the messages to appear for participant accounts not just admin?

Thanks,
    Mark

Kieran_SQ

Hi Mark,

This is the default behavior of BuddyPress messaging and the live messages feature in BuddyApp. I have tested with a new test account (username Test) and the message was sent successfully to this account. When logged in as the test user the icon displays as expected an there is a pending notification of the new message.

I have attached a screenshot for you that shows this.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?