This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by itt.

• Author
     itt
    Participant

Hello

latest update and adding the Live Notification was one best option added to theme .
    very lovely and i’d like to thank you for it

but i was facing very high usage of admin-ajax.php , when i check my log i saw live notification has very high usage of this php file ( in one minutes hit admin-ajax.php 60 times for each user ) imagin i have many active user which they never close the browser or log out 🙂

in one hour the hit of this php file is 200000 to 250000 ,( AWSTATS report )

i want to know how i can make more delay for Live notification refresh time ?
    already i change the heartbeat API of admin-ajax-PHP which helped so much for CPU usage

looking for your kind support

cheers

sharmstr

wp-admin -> theme options -> buddypress -> live notification interval

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

itt
    Participant

@sharmstr

thanks for reply

ya i did that yesterday but didnt change very much , i will try much higher timing to see if be any effect

thanks again

Catalin

Hello,

Please take a look at this:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/wordpress/heartbeat-heavy-admin-ajax-php-usage

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     sharmstr

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this very subject. I think the thing to do is use something like google analytics to determine the average time users stay on a page before navigating to another page. If users aren’t spending a lot of time on each page, then why even enabled the “live” part of the notification? The notification bubble will update the count on every page load anyways.

It seems the trick is to determine what you think is an acceptable time for a user to wait to be notified. Lets just say that’s 1 minute. If your analytics tells you that the average time is 1:15 seconds, then disable it. If its 5 minutes, then set the interval to 1 minute.

To take this a bit further, I’m probably going to write some code to only turn on live notifications for pages that people stay on longer than the average. The activity feed is one I can think of. I don’t know… I need to dig into this a bit more to see if it makes sense.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

itt
    Participant

@catalin

thanks for share
    yesterday i open a topic about this issue and after that i found same website and i did the disabling but is making some problem for buddypress ( no attachment and post will be possible in buddypress side )
    do i enabled again and per same site suggestion i just increased the heartbeat , ic completely changed my site and now is working much faster and reduced the CPU usage as well.

recommended for other user to increase the API not disable it .

thank you

itt
    Participant

@sharmstr

good idea to do that and smart thinking

cheers

itt
    Participant

@Catalin

Hello

im facing very strange issue with Live Notification,

few weeks back i changed my hosting , after moving to new hosting i found something strange with Live Notification , which still is using IP from the previous hosting !!

i was checking cpnale latest visitor IP list and i found out one IP has most hit in admin-ajax.php
    when i checked the IP it is for my previous hosting and only used by Kleo Live Notification
    wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=kleo_bp_notifications_refre.

i dont know what is happening 🙂 how Live Notification can use this IP in new hosting environment?
    and if i block this IP admin and all users can not access the site

i contact the old and new hosting support team but till now they couldnt fix the issue

im so confused

looking for your kind support

itt
    Participant

it was a Cloud Flare issue and fixed

sharmstr

Glad you sorted it. I was trying to wrap my head around it during a really long motorcycle ride today.

itt
    Participant

@sharmstr

Hello

thanks for your support , what bike you riding 🙂 , im riding too (Ninja 650 ABS )

it was DNS issue with cloudflare , now IP situation is ok , after 24h passed from changing the DNS
    some strange things is happening in site and trying to fix

why im just keep logging out from site ?!!!

cheers

sharmstr

I had the same issue with the site logging me off often when it was on GoDadddy servers. I was never able to figure it out. Its not happening on Siteground servers. Does it seem to be a session timeout issue or does it happen when you’re navigating around the site. I had another issue where my site was configured like ‘http://domain.com’, but some of my menu items where set to ‘http://www.domain.com’ which would log me out when clicking on them.

I have a 04 Sportster, 2010 Triumph and I bought a 1968 BSA Lightning yesterday. Back in my younger days I had a Ninja.

itt
    Participant

@sharmstr

today same thing happened to me , as admin or user when i click on activity the site logging me off too
    i delete cache in W3T and i save permanlinks and problem solved ( im just guessing was DNS changing 24h back )

i just escaped from siteground 🙂 they have very good support but anything i do they are asking pay more and more
    they are taking service from fatcaw and making it more expensive and give it to users

2 years im with Arvixe and after many years experience in hsoting and website i can say i will never leave them
    i start with wordpress 4 month ago when i bought Kleo , still im fresh in WP , 🙂

i really love your bike . made ma crazy 😀

cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?