This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by tonari.

• Author
     tonari
    Participant

Hello, i would like to load the font awesome localy and not from maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com .
    I saw this hook on another post and i think i can use it to point to a local file :

function hook_fa_45() {

$output = “<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”mywebsiteurl/css/font-awesome.min.css”/>”;
    echo $output;
    }
    add_action(‘wp_head’, ‘hook_fa_45’);

But i also want to remove the head part where it go to the bootstrap cdn.
    I don’t want to have two link like this in the head :

COPY CODE
    <<span class="start-tag">link</span> <span class="attribute-name">rel</span>='<a class="attribute-value">stylesheet</a>' <span class="attribute-name">id</span>='<a class="attribute-value">awesome-style-css</a>'  <span class="attribute-name">href</span>='<a class="attribute-value">//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.3.0/css/font-awesome.min.css?ver=4.3.0</a>' <span class="attribute-name">type</span>='<a class="attribute-value">text/css</a>' <span class="attribute-name">media</span>='<a class="attribute-value">all</a>' />

<<span class="start-tag">link</span> <span class="attribute-name">rel</span>='<a class="attribute-value">stylesheet</a>' <span class="attribute-name">id</span>='<a class="attribute-value">awesome-style-css</a>'  <span class="attribute-name">href="mywebsiteurl/css/font-awesome.min.css"/></span>' <span class="attribute-name">type</span>='<a class="attribute-value">text/css</a>' <span class="attribute-name">media</span>='<a class="attribute-value">all</a>' />

How can i do that ?

Thanks.
    Regards.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happyΒ to help you πŸ™‚

tonari
    Participant

Thanks Laura πŸ™‚

Radu

Hi,

Please try this function

COPY CODE

function remove_asd_font_awesome() {
        wp_dequeue_style('font-awesome');
    }
    add_action('after_setup_theme', 'remove_asd_font_awesome');

The function needs to be pasted in wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

Let me know

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     tonari
    Participant

Hi Radu,
    thanks πŸ™‚
    So i need to use both your code and mine ?
    To add the font-awesome.min.css from my local serveur and to remove the one from the CDN maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com ?

Radu

yes both

Let me know

tonari
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

You should what plugin load that to the website, if you de-activate all plugins this will continue to load ? if not activate plugins back one by one and check to see what load that thru the website

Let me know

tonari
    Participant

Great i found the plugin! I thought that was a kleo part sorry.
    I edited the plugin to load the local file, that’s ok thanks.
    Regards. πŸ™‚

Radu

Great

Have a nice day

Cheers
    R.

tonari
    Participant

Thanks you too Radu πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?