This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by monsurc1.

• Author
     monsurc1
    Participant

Hi,

There is a load more button under activity stream. and there is a view comment button for every user each new comments It is good. Is it possible to have it under the comment/conversation section under site-wide activity as well? upto 3/5 replies may be good to show and then more/Load more can expand the rest of the replies or like view comments under user activity stream.

I think the system is there, just you need to add it.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

This is a long standing issue in BuddyPress with how it calculates how many items to show, you can adjust how many items are shown by going to WP Admin > Settings > Reading > Scroll to: Blogs to show at most.

Though I will also move this ticket to Feature Requests as others may well be interested in having this feature.

Thanks,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

monsurc1
    Participant

Hi Kieran_SQ,

Thanks for your reply.
    Your solution has not worked for me. is there any quick solution/tweak for this?

Thanks again.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I will ask one of developers, @Radu, to look into this for you as they’ll be better equipped to offer a solution. They’ll be in touch either on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks for your continued patience,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

monsurc1
    Participant

Hi Kieran_SQ,

I know you guys are busy, but I am sure someone from you know the solution.
    I look forward to hearing soon.

Thanks.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Please try the below snippet in your KLEO Child theme’s functions.php file. This snippet will generate a ‘Show / Hide’ button next to the comments button, by default comments will be set to hidden. I have tried this locally with success.

COPY CODE
    // Show or hide comments hidden by default
    add_action( 'wp_footer', 'add_comment_hide_show' );
    function add_comment_hide_show() {
        ?>
        <style>
            .activity-comments ul li[id^="acomment-"]{display: none;}
        </style>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            jQuery(function($) {
                setInterval(function() {
                    $('.activity-meta').each(function() {
                        if( !$(this).find('.show-comments').length ){
                            var html = '<a href="#" class="button bp-primary-action show-comments">Show/Hide Comments</a>';
                            $(this).find('.button.acomment-reply').after(html);
                        }
                    });

}, 500);

$('body').on('click', '.show-comments', function(e) {
                    e.preventDefault();
                    var obj = $(this).closest('.activity-content').next('.activity-comments').find('ul li[id^="acomment-"]');
                    obj.slideToggle();
                    return false;
                });

});
        </script>
        <?php
    }

Thanks,

Kieran.

monsurc1
    Participant

Excellent solution though it would be nice if you can provide me what I was looking for. Better to have 3/4 comments and then ‘show more’ button. It is in your code somewhere.

Anyway I loved it and Thanks a lot.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I have already forwarded this to a developer for review and moved this to a feature request. The solution I provided above should be used only in the meantime.

Kieran.

monsurc1
    Participant

Hi,

its been a while now I was looking a simple solution from your part. Would you mind tell me how long it will take to update the requested feature?

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Load more’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?