This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Digiblogger.

• Author
     Digiblogger
    Participant

I really need this feature because of several laws and protections.

I will allow login from everywhere, but only allow to register if IP is inside a specific country list.

Digiblogger
    Participant

Thats really urgent…

I need to:
    – allow registrations only from a given country
    – allow login from every country
    – allow nobody but user of specific roles to access dashboard.

Andrei

Hi,

Your request are pretty custom/unique and you should better search for a plugin with such features or contact a developer to help you build them for your own project.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Digiblogger
    Participant

I’ve tried.. But no plugins do that.. Anyway..

You now your system best so I hoped to get an answer more helping out

Andrei

Your requests are related more to wordpress and they aren’t targeted to our theme.
    Unfortunately there will be a lot more involved than just “helping out”, that’s why I’m recommending you to contact/hire a wordpress developer to help you build such features for your project.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Digiblogger
    Participant

For this request I see that it is a little special… But it sounds a little like excluding me from general support… Hope this is because my English is not the best. Maybe you can answer one or two of my other questions

Andrei

Please don’t misunderstand, we’re here to help you with as much as we can and we always try to do our best, and be sure that you’re NOT excluded from anything, just that this kind of requests as the current one of yours are not subject of general support, they are your own project custom requirements ( most of the projects encounter some features that needs to be built from scratch ).

If they were at least releated to our theme I would have pointed you to add them as feature requests, but that’s not the case.

Hope you understand.
    PS. Your english is good enough.

Cheers

Digiblogger
    Participant

Of course
    But also. Misunderstand me. Every gear feature that can not found anywhere will make your theme more powerful. And some things are really needed.

In the EU for example using your theme as it is cam conflict laws (verifying users can not just be done with email activation) and for media uploads you have to verify the user to not be spammed with nude images.

A often used way to do this is to generate a random number during registration and force users to upload a face shot with this number before activation. This is not 100 percent secure. But better that checking an email that can be created thousand times on golden of similar free email services

And at least… I would be honest to help you making your theme the best out there

Andrei

Did you saw facebook requesting you a face shot at registration ?
    Again this is subject of your project requrirements.

I know that some features might add value to our theme, but they have to be firstly features widely requested, not isolated ones ( didn’t had anyone requesting something similar before ) and secondly, not all features are meant to stay inside a theme, the ones you asked for would be better built as plugins.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Cheers

Andrei

About your other topics, we have them in queue and they will be replied shortly.
    Cheers

Digiblogger
    Participant

Did you read about Facebook? Facebook is the most privacy killing and most unsecure system ever. If a German country would try to bring a German Facebook online, they would be destroyed by laws. Something like Facebook is only possible where privacy and secure data have no value. Perfect for the us. It’s the same like woo commerce. Using it as it is is not allowed. It breaks laws.so woo created add-ons for European markets. And now we can use it. And the German rights are far away from being the laws making the most problems. Spain is much more complicated.

But that is political.

I understand that my request is more buddy press and wp than sweet date

Digiblogger
    Participant

Of course. Thank you

Andrei

Well the privacy subject is a never-ending one, and basically, wordpress itself is just a small piece of a software which might achieve different use cases by working as a puzzle ( with plugins ).

This been said, if the buddypress users/admins ( at least german ones ) were to be concerned about this, they would have build extensions to address this laws enforcements, but if you said you didn’t found any then it means they don’t bother about it, at least not at this level.

Cheers

Digiblogger
    Participant

Oh… I never said that the register only from Germany thing is caused by laws.
    This will just give me the advantage not to read dozens of privacy laws and make my community a just German one. It’s easier to handle.

Laws only forbit to just ask for a valid email. For newsletters this is OK. But not to protect a community from spam, crime and romance scamming.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?