This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Radu.

• Author
     Zhedd
    Participant

Hello.

I would like to know we can modify the login name. When we logged on the website by Facebook, it gives us automatically a id with an @. I want to change it but I can’t. How could I do it ?

Radu

Hello,

You can change or delete ‘@’sign from
    wp-content/themes/kleo/buddypress/members/single/member-header.php
    line 26 or search ‘<h4 class=”user-nicename”>’

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Zhedd
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. But users can’t modify it ?

Radu

The usernames are without @,

@ sign are prefix in that title, if you want to disappear @ sign for everybody just follow the instructions above or below.

[Line 26]

COPY CODE

<h4 class="user-nicename"><b>@</b><?php bp_displayed_user_mentionname(); ?></h4>

Delete <b>@</b>
    Save

No, users can not modify it.

Only the administrator can delete that sign.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Zhedd
    Participant

I don’t want to delete it. I want to allow users to modify it on their own because when they log in with facebook, the user nicename is already given.

Radu

You don’t understand, the sign is not part of the username. It is just like on Twitter to mention someone, that is why you can remove it from the template. So if you see @my_user then my user is just “my_user”.

I repeat : users can not change that sign.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?