This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by khiadmin.

• Author
     bensjfraser
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve seen similar topics but nothing as specific as this.

When my users log in from the homepage, I’d like them to be redirected to a certain page (events page). If however they are on any other page including the event listing or event page, I just want the page to refresh rather than redirect.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ben

Laura

Hello, you can use https://wordpress.org/plugins/peters-login-redirect/ to manage redirections 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

bensjfraser
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your response!

This plugin doesn’t seem to support redirecting based on current page. I basically have an events listings page and an event page, it doesn’t make sense to redirect the user back to the event listing page if they are already looking at an event. In this case, the user can stay on the event page rather than being redirected to the events listings.

Many thanks,
    Ben

Andrei

Hi @bensjfraser, you should direct your attention in searching for a plugin which could give you such options. I didn’t heard of such feature in wordpress until now, so take into consideration that you might have to build this feature by yourself.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     khiadmin
    Participant

I needed to redirect a logged in user to my activity page. So I added the following code to my functions page and it worked just fine:

function admin_default_page() {
    return ‘/MySiteFolderName/activity’;
    }
    add_filter(‘login_redirect’, ‘admin_default_page’);

I got the code from: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8127453/redirect-after-login-on-wordpress

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?