This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by gigidesign.

• Author
     gigidesign
    Participant

What is the difference between the Login/Register links under KLEO section on Appearance>Edit Menus and that of BuddyPress Login/Register links. Are they same?

Also, when someone registers, is that account going to be the same as the community member account or is that the user account on the site?

I am a bit confused between the user and member accounts.

sharmstr

Buddypress adds those by default. Some people aren’t using Buddypress so kleo has a set as well. Just use the Kleo ones.

The accounts aren’t separate. Buddypress uses wordpress accounts, but adds extra profile information.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

gigidesign
    Participant

I used KLEO Login/Register links per your suggestion, however the links did not show up on the site. Why is this so?

sharmstr

Did you assign them to the correct menu and correct location?

Apperance – Menus – Manage Locations

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

btw – Register and login wont display if you’re already logged in.

gigidesign
    Participant

I know that the login link does not show up when I am already logged in. I also know about setting it to the right location.

I noticed that the links just don’t show up on the home page but it does show up on the rest of the site pages.

What do you think is going on?

sharmstr

Do you something other than “default” set in Main Menu Options on the home page? Go into page editor for your home page. On the right hand side you can set a menu for that page.

sharmstr

Please only as your question in one topic. Thanks 🙂

gigidesign
    Participant

I solved it!

Here is the solution.

Go to WP Admin>Pages>All Pages>Home
    Select Back End Editor.
    Scroll down to the Theme General Settings section.
    Set the Top Bar Status to Default (see captured image: Problem – Top Bar Disappears)
    Hit Update.

Do the same to pages that where the top bar status was set to hidden.

gigidesign
    Participant

At that time, I thought that the questions were inter-related because I got that link problem right after I used the KLEO links (per your suggestion) instead of the BuddyPress links.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?