This topic has 27 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years by secretenergy.

• Author
     shanejayhayes
    Participant

I have removed and re-uploaded the desired logo over and over but it isn’t taking. When I inspect the element the code is still looking for an image from SeventhQueen server and not from my server.

valuser
    Participant

+1

roguelondon
    Participant

following

valuser
    Participant

must correct my plus one

for me this was ONLY happening on trunk versions of wp 4.0 and bp trunk 8503

On stable versions (ie wp 3.9.1 & bp 2.0.1) this is not happening (for me) – so my previous +1 is not valid

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello there, I guess this in only happening on the Home Default page since we used a default logo for that page which can be removed from that page edit in Theme general Settings – Display settings

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

shanejayhayes
    Participant

No that is not correct at all. I have made the change under Theme general Settings – Display settings. That did nothing. When I load the page I get a missing image and if you right click to see image location it still points to your server. As my original post stated it is NOT changing the logo even though it has been changed in settings on multiple occasions.

Four screenshots attached.

One confirming the logo was changed in settings
    Two showing confirmation of image address on live site
    One showing the missing image on live page

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     secretenergy
    Participant

Good day, for some reason I cannot start a fresh ticket but this is the problem I’m having. I change all of the default images, size them properly but the one on the default home page will not change. Image attached. How can I change this? i also looked in other places on the forum but the answers are marked private.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     shanejayhayes
    Participant

Secretenergy

You are experiencing the same thing I am. No matter how many times you change the logo through settings the Kleo logo still shows up and will not go away.

roguelondon
    Participant

Agreed. the solution I have found is going into your media gallery and deleting the image it won’t get rid of then changing the logo… it has worked for me… annoying and definitely needs to be fixed but this will get what you need I think in the short term..

secretenergy
    Participant

I did that before I commented on this ticket and it doesn’t work as I cannot add my image to that area and a broken image icon is in place in that area now. I’m sure they have a fix for this, its actually in the page code wherever that is. You can replace the url there once you find it with the logo you would like, I just cannot find that file or all the pages.

shanejayhayes
    Participant

Rogue that isn’t a solution at all because the image it is linking to is not in the media gallery it is located off site on the SeventhQueen server, that is the problem.

As Secret said it only shows a broken image icon. Check my screen shots it clearly shows where it is trying to pull image from. As of right now I can’t use the theme at all. I am shocked they have ignored this thread and this game breaking fix for this long.

michcasanova
    Participant

Same issue here – the logo on the Hone-Default page is linked to:

Saffas in Seattle

It seems to be hard-coded in there and there is no way to change it. Obviously as this is the home page, it really is extremely urgent that we are given some way to update this logo?

Anyone?

secretenergy
    Participant

I think if you create your own homepage it will not have this issue, but you will have to build it from scratch. The benefit of the default home is you can use it as a skeleton for your design, unfortunately hard coded logo messes it up. Are you using the most recent update?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi guys,
    Please follow my advice, as I stated above:
    In Home Default page we used a default logo for that page which can be removed from that page edit in Theme general Settings – Display settings. See this screenshot also: http://cl.ly/WDh7/Image%202014-06-23%20at%206.00.24%20pm.png

so this happens on the Home default page edit

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

secretenergy
    Participant

Link is broken

shanejayhayes
    Participant

Link is broken and as I, and others, have explained this is not a fix. Please take the time to scroll up and see the clearly provided screenshots that show the logo having been replaced in exactly the place you are trying to direct us to. As you can clearly see from the provided screen shots changing the logo in the settings, where you are directing us to, has NO effect on the site. It still likes to an image on your server.

greg12
    Participant

Put the logo in the images folder and then use an absolute url to link to it (Do NOT USE THE IMAGE UPLOADER)

secretenergy
    Participant

When you say “use an absolute url to link to it” where do we locate the page to replace the url or the html or css that contains the script for this page so it can be manually replaced? Also can you confirm that any new pages created will use the Logos uploaded in Display Settings?

greg12
    Participant

Upload your image to the desired location then place the absoulte url https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/myimage in the box above

worked for me

shanejayhayes
    Participant

Thank you for suggesting greg12. No change though. Your link is also broken above.

No change whatsoever. The image is hard coded, you can see in the setting it even shows the default link to the image that is getting in the way.

Abe
    Keymaster

Can you see the image now? http://cl.ly/WDh7/Image%202014-06-23%20at%206.00.24%20pm.png

So what I am saying has nothing to do with Theme options – Logo. please read carefully my instructions above. Put a link to your site if you still don’t understand where to change image location

---

shanejayhayes
    Participant

I can see the image but nowhere in my backend do I see that menu. Firstly I was not under “Theme options – logo”. Please read my post carefully (and look at the images). It clearly shows I am under THEME OPTIONS > GENERAL SETTINGS

That being said my screen doesn’t look anything like yours. See attached screenshot.

Link to site won’t help since it is in maintenance mode (for obvious reasons, we can’t change the logo! lol).

shanejayhayes
    Participant

Not sure where screenshot went, attached again

secretenergy
    Participant

Okay I see what is happening here. His image shows he is using either another version, possibly the update, or another version of WP. So I believe first you will need to update from 1.4.2 to 1.5.0 like I need to as the following updates below have been made so it would be better to start with that if you have not already. Abe can you send me the link for the blog that gives instructions on how to apply the update, as I read this must be done from FTP and not from the update option in wordpress.

Abe
    Keymaster

wow guys, I wrote that a couple of times but you are not reading…
    I will write it again:
    In WP Admin – Pages – search for Home Default and edit it. We used a default logo for that page which can be removed from that page edit in Theme general Settings – Display settings.
    See the full page screenshot. Hope it makes sense now 🙂

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iokqt1tebnhibh8/Screen%20Shot%202014-06-23%20at%2022.26.38.png

---

secretenergy
    Participant

Finally! Its a simple mistake confusing the General Settings for the theme with “Theme General Setting” on the actual edit page for the default home page. One thing is for sure we are all going to be WordPress experts after this them. lol Last thing Abe can you drop me the link on how to update the theme properly so I can do that and then start building. Thanks in advance.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, yes that is not a bad thing so learn more WordPress 🙂
    Indeed a small confusion, but image is worth a thousand words.
    here it is: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

---

secretenergy
    Participant

Exactly especially if you want to create a functional visual masterpiece. Thanks Abe!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Logo Change Won't Take’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?