This topic has 19 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     britcunning
    Participant

When I write a long profile field name it gets cut off. Can you please assist me in modifying the template to extend the profile field label area (to accommodate more text)?

Please see image for description of problem. It is circled in red.

Thank you for your time

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, that should be automatically performed by Buddypress. Put a link to that page to check

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

britcunning
    Participant

Im confused. Put a hyperlink? How will that help? How do I correct this?

Abe
    Keymaster

To see if it is related to JS/CSS or comes directly from PHP

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

ElectroMagnetic
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Catalin

This seems to be related to CSS, so try to add this:

COPY CODE

#buddypress div.profile .dl-horizontal dt {
        overflow: auto;
        white-space: normal;
    }

ElectroMagnetic
    Participant

Hi Catalin
    I tried that in both the quick CSS in styling options as well as the Styles CSS in the child theme….no change, still getting cut off.
    any other suggestions?

Catalin

Please try this:

COPY CODE
    body.buddypress .profile .dl-horizontal dt {
        overflow: auto;
        white-space: normal;
    }

Thank you,
    catalin

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    It’s working, but beacause long fields names are now dispalyed on two lines, answers are not ined up anymore.
    Any suggestions?

ElectroMagnetic
    Participant

Hi Catalin
    The new CSS you provided does wrap the field title, and the next field title is displayed out of line with the answer….like airsidworld said
    see the sample attached

Attachments:
     Catalin

we will take a look.

thank you for your time

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi @ElectroMagnetic, please update the theme to last version and tell us if you encounter the same problems.

Regards,
    Robert

ElectroMagnetic
    Participant

Hi Robert.
    Do you mean I must install a previous version? currently my version is sweetdate 2.6.1 and buddypress 2.0.1.

Abe
    Keymaster

No, Robert meant to check if you have the latest 2.6.1 version since we did some tests and the fields looked good

---

britcunning
    Participant

I have tried all the CSS and it doesn’t work for me. How do I update to the newest sweetdate version? Re-download it from themeforest?

ElectroMagnetic
    Participant

Hi Abe & Robert.
    So I have the latest 2.6.1 version and still the same problem.
    I check the CSS in Chrome “inspect elements” an saw that the text for the heading justifies from the right, with a with of 160px.
    I used the following changes to the Child Styles sheet and found it worked…see attached pictures.

body.buddypress .profile .dl-horizontal dt {
    width: 170px;
    }

My concern is that : if I made any other heading longer that the 170px then I would have to adjust the CSS again.
    Is there maybe and “AUTO” adjustment to the right of the heading allowing for the longest heading.
    I hope my question is explained correctly ( I’m not a coder in CSS or php)
    Thank you

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

yes modifying the width is a solution if you want to have the dots disappear . It depends on your profile field names

---

Abe
    Keymaster

AUTO adjustment isn’t an option there

---

ElectroMagnetic
    Participant

OK Abe.
    Thanks for the great support!!!

Abe
    Keymaster

Glad we could help. Cheers

---

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Long Profile field names get cut off’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?