This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Laura.

• Author
     Globetrekker
    Participant

I just updated the theme while having my child theme activated. Isn’t that the way I should do?
    I’m getting confused since my Danish translations now seem to be lost under the Sweetdate section – I use CodeStyling Localization.

Did I do something wrong and how can I fix it?
    I took a backup before updating 🙂

Laura

Hello, well, if you place your translations in wp-content/languages then it should work, because an update replaces all the files, included translations from the themes/sweetdate

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

maelga
    Participant

Hi Laura

I have created the sweetdate-child/languages folder to put my po/mo files.
    To me it’s neater to keep all my custom files under one roof in my sweetdate-child folder.

However they do not load, because they are simply not called by any function.
    What Sweetdate php file actually points to the /languages folder?
    I would then simply copy/paste it from /sweetdate to /sweetdate-child.

Alternatively, if I follow the method you advise, how should those po/mo files be named if put in wp-content/languages?
    In your original sweetdate/languages they are simply called en_US.mo.
    Should it be sweetdate-en_US.mo or sweetdate-child-en_US.mo or anything else?

Thank you

Laura

Hello, yes, just following the same name that the ones in wp-content/languages/themes folder
    Its the easier way of having a backup of your translations 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?