This topic has 16 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     mpiroh
    Participant

Hi team,

I have following sections

[kleo_news_ticker posts_query=”size:10|order_by:date”]

[kleo_news_focus name=”ALL NEWS” posts_query=”size:4|order_by:date”] and [kleo_news_focus name=”LIFESTYLE” posts_query=”size:4|order_by:date”].

showing nothing at all at my magazine home page. I only see these shortcodes text buts no posts under them. I don’t understand how to configure these to show posts styled as on your demo page.

Thank you,

Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi Martin,

In your examples I can see curly quotes which would break the functionality of the shortcode. They should appear like this.

COPY CODE
    [kleo_news_ticker posts_query="size:10|order_by:date"]
    [kleo_news_focus name="ALL NEWS" posts_query="size:4|order_by:date"]
    [kleo_news_focus name="LIFESTYLE" posts_query="size:4|order_by:date"]

Note in the above example the straight quotes.

If after you have copied and pasted the above examples (from the webpage not the email preview) you still have the same issue then please double check the following

1. You have WP Bakery and K Elements installed and activated. If you do not then please install and activate them via WP Admin > Appearance > Install Plugins. Clear your website and browser cache and check the page again.

2. Ensure you have not disabled either of these two features in WP Admin > Theme Options > Modules and Speed. Make sure News Ticker and News Focus are enabled.

Let me know the outcome,

All the best,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

mpiroh
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for the reply, it helped. Problem was I did not have the shortcodes enabled in Theme options 🙂 Now I see ‘All News’ and ‘Lifestyle’ in both magazine sections. The problem is that both sec5ions are empty, no articles are showing up. Could you please help me understand or dir3ct me to some guide where I can find how to add articles to these shortcode sections like you have in your deko example?

Thank you,

Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

In your shortcodes you’ve not referenced a post type / built a full query. Go to WP Admin > Pages and edit the page with the shortcode, make sure you’re using the WP Bakery editor. Hover over the element you wish to configure and click the pencil icon to configure it. When the edit modal has opened click on the ‘Build Query’ button and select your desired post type, any specific categories and the amount of posts etc you wish to show. Save your settings and clear your cache whilst viewing the page on the front-end. If you have posts in that post type to show it should now appear.

I have attached images of how to do this with the News Ticker element but the process is the same for all three elements.

Let me know how you get on and if you need me to login and check for you. If you do make sure to update this ticket, in a private reply, with admin credentials (English US or UK).

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mpiroh
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

I wanted to celebrate when I received your reply because it really helped me to understand how this works, so simple 🙂 I have no issues with ‘NEWS Ticker’ and ‘NEWS Highlight’ elements, but I’m still unable to get ‘NEWS Focus’ working. Your instructions helped a lot, now I see how this is implemented to the page and how to populate categories. The problem is that not one article is showing up. I selected ‘posts’ chose categories and did all required configuration (to my knowledge) but for ‘NEWS Focus’ nothing is showing up, apart from the names of categories I choose. Attached are the screenshots.

THank you for your assistance,

Martin

Attachments:
     Kieran_SQ

Hi Martin,

You seem to have selected many post types that you don’t need. If you just want posts then you should uncheck all the other post types from the query. I think including private post types, and so many of them, is confusing the shortcode.

Kieran

mpiroh
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

I had those selected just at the time of taking screenshot. I tried all different combinations, all selected, none selected, but mostly with only post field selected. When I try with different shortcodes, all is working fine. It is only News focus which displays no articles, no matter how I build a query. I will provide login credentials if necessary.

Thanks for suggestions,

Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi Martin,

To look into this I will need admin credentials. Please update this ticket, in a private reply, with admin credentials for your site so I can look into this for you.

All the best,

Kieran

mpiroh
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi Martin,

I have logged in to your site and checked the page. It looks like you have copied and pasted some of the original shortcodes into a text widget and there is an awful lot going on to rectify. Have you customized this page considerably? If not, I would suggest that you delete it and import the magazine demo again to start with a clean copy.

If you have you will need to delete the text widgets and insert the proper KLEO News (etc) elements via the page builder so they can be configured properly.

I have attached screenshots of how it appears on your site and how it appears when imported.

Kieran

Attachments:
     mpiroh
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

I did what you suggested, now the page looks like in your screenshot, but the result is still the same. I have no posts displayed in NEWS Focus widget. Any other suggestions what I can do? Please feel free to do some modifications.

Thank you,

Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

That’s really very strange! I’m going to have to refer this ticket to one of our developers for review. They’ll be in touch with you as soon as they can, Monday to Friday, East European Time.

Thank you for your patience,

Kieran

mpiroh
    Participant

Thank you Kieran 🙂 I really appreciate your help.

mpiroh
    Participant

Kieran! I tried deactivating one plugin – BuddyPress Lock because it did not deliver what I needed and suddendly NEWS Focus section is working! I really apologize for taking your time when this was my fault and I really appreciate your quick responses. Please close this ticket. The issue has been resolved 🙂

Thank you again,

Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Very glad to hear that you found the issue and that you have disabled the conflicting plugin. That’s a strange plugin to cause such an error, but glad you found the issue nonetheless.

All the best,

Kieran

mpiroh
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

I was wondering if you could help me resolve an issue that’s been bugging me for a long time but never really paid attention to it. On http://tantralovers.org/members/ page, when I click ALL MEMBERS, STUDENTS, TEACHERS, or page numbers at the bottom, nothing happens. The page is static and doesn’t redirect. Can you please help to resolve?

Thanks,

Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi Martin,

For new questions please open a ticket on our new support site which you can find here https://my.seventhqueen.com. One of the available weekday support team members will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Kieran

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?