This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by kultsar.

• Author

Tagged: 

kultsar
    Participant

Hi,

If I use the MailChimp example form(https://archived.seventhqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/mailchimp_form.txt), it is displayed, but not working. However, if I use the [mc4wp_form] shortcode from the MailChimp plugin, it works. The [mc4wp_form] shortcode is a bit ugly, so I would like to use the example form.

I noticed that the example form uses mc4wp_email instead of mc4wp_form. I tried to use both mc4wp_form and mc4wp_email in the example form, but it does not work with any of them. MailChimp plugin only offers mc4wp_form.

Radu

Hi,

I’ve made some changes and it looks ok now and it works.

If you want to make some changes at form markup ( html ) go to Mail Chimp plugin at forms

https://mlmjam.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=mailchimp-for-wp-form-settings

You can edit as you wish the form aspect.

Best Regards

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     kultsar
    Participant

Hi Radu,

This is great, thank you, now I see the logic.

Two more questions:
    – How do I change response text properties like font size and color? (“Thank you, your sign-up request was successful! Please check your e-mail inbox.”)
    – I would like to decrease the size of the input box. I have already changed btn-lg to btn-sm, which resulted in a smaller subscribe button. Tried the same with class=”input-lg”, but “input-sm” and “input” did not work.

Radu

Hi,

By using the below css you will set color black to response from mailchimp (“Thank you, your sign-up request was successful! Please check your e-mail inbox.”)

COPY CODE

.mc4wp-form .mc4wp-alert {
    color: #000;
    font-size:1em;
    }

Relace color and font size with your desired settings

For the input height use this css

COPY CODE

.mc4wp-form .form-inline input[type="email"] {
        height: 32px;
        display: inline-block;
    }

You need to add this css snippets to Wp-admin -> Theme Options -> General Options -> quick css

Regards

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     kultsar
    Participant

Hi, it took a while for me to do this, but thanks, this also worked.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?