This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author

Tagged: ,

cd690767
    Participant

Hi,

I’m wondering if I can modify the buddypress pages to have the top dashboard like Buddyboss’s OneSocial theme produces. For example, I use Buddyboss’s User Blog, and on the page that the user is taken to create a blog, all of the buddypress tabs are missing, so the user has no way to navigate. OneSocial has the user’s avatar in the upper right and when it’s clicked all the buddypress tabs show in a dropdown menu for easy navigation. Is there any way to add this with KLEO?

Thanks for the help with this.

Cathy

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

What more exactly? Users to have the possibility to add a blog post from their profiles? or to have a dropdown menu ?

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     cd690767
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks for replying so quickly! I realized that I could add the buddypress navigation items to the top menu, which is almost but not all of what I would like to add. I would also like to add 2 other features:

First, I would like to add the sub-nav items of the various buddypress tabs to the menu. So for example I would like to have “view,” “edit,” “change profile photo,” and “change cover image” available as drop-down items available from the “Profile” menu item.

Second, I would like to add the main buddypress tabs to the “Create New Post” page created by Buddyboss’s User Blog plugin. When a user goes to this page the tabs and associated icons (profile, activity, settings etc) are missing and there is no navigation to go back to the main member page with all of the tabs. Is this something I need to write to Buddyboss about?

Sorry if my explanations seem a bit convoluted, I haven’t been using buddypress very long so I”m not that familiar with the correct terminology.

Thanks for your help with these issues,

Cathy

Radu

Hi,

For the menu links for BuddyPress profile you will have to build menu items using custom links and to can generate the login username in URL you will have to use this variable: ##member_name##
    Example routes :
    http://localhost/kleo/members/##member_name##/edit will generate http://localhost/kleo/members/admin/edit

And so on, add your desired routes like change cover, view etc.

For the second, you can ask that on the plugin support but let me see a screenshot that includes the URL where the buddypress related are disappearing when you try to write a blog post thru that plugin, also try to see how it behaves using default wp theme.

Cheers
    R

cd690767
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     cd690767
    Participant
     Radu

For this ticket : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/make-kleo-like-onesocial/#post-151142

It means that this is how the plugin works by default… and you should ask the plugin developer how to keep the bp nav there

for the second try to use ##profile_link## instead of the member_name it should work

Cheers
    r>

cd690767
    Participant
     Radu

Those are menu variables and should work.. try again if you want..

You’re welcome

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?