This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     ThemeVal
    Participant

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions for making the community in Kleo look a little more exciting? I’ve been getting comments that there doesn’t seem to be much going on. I have the activity wall, a few groups, a chat, but, I agree. The community does look a little boring at first glance. I have about 92 members thus far, but most are just signing up and leaving. Any ideas???

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Try creating an attracting home page where you can show new activity or members using the included Buddypress shortcodes. Also try creating interesting group topics or something users can debate on.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

guy_fraser
    Participant

Having a community landing page that is customised helps. I was initially just using the sitewide activity page as the community landing page, but that isn’t very appealing.

I’ve now started using the visual editor to construct a custom page layout that has things like member carousels, recent forum topics, popular groups, etc.

I’m still trying to decide whether to go with rtMedia or some alternate media upload/sharing plugin, but once I decide I’ll be adding in recent photo galleries and things like that.

I’m also looking to completely restyle the activity feed as the default design is ‘too clean’. I want to try and add in ‘speech bubble’ backgrounds (or something like that) to make it look a bit more fun.

One thing I would love to do, but have no idea how to achieve, is add in the counters like on the Kleo demo page. In the visual editor there’s an element that does the counter part – I just don’t know how to have the number it needs auto-generated. Maybe there are some shortcodes I’m missing?

Abe
    Keymaster

right now you can only have auto-generated numbers for members statistics.
    [kleo_bp_member_stats field="Field name" value="Field value" online=true|false]
    [kleo_total_members]
    This you can put instead of the static numbers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?