This topic has 34 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author

How does the matching of profiles work?
    What “if conditions” are in place that determine who is a good match for who?

Andrei

If you have the latest version of our theme installed then you have options to customize the matching algorithm under “Theme Options > Profile Matching”.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Hello Andrei,

I recently downloaded this theme and see no Theme Options in the backend of the website. I only see options for “Sweetdate”. Is there something that the theme is missing?

Andrei

Here is the page where those settings resides:
    http://cl.ly/image/452B0F1E1k0D

Hope it’s more clearer now.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

I guess my theme doesn’t have that? I attached a screenshot and I don’t see that option.
    Something doesn’t seem right with this theme. Do you have any suggestions.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Andrei

Sure, please update the theme to it’s latest version ( 2.8.1 ) to make use of the new features.
    Cheers

Thank You for the information. One more questions. Where do I go to download the newest version? I’m looking through ThemeForest but I don’t see where it says the newest version of Sweet Date to download.

Andrei

Just download the theme again and you’ll get the latest version available.
    Cheers

Neptin
    Participant

Is there suggested settings?

Neptin
    Participant

Or optimal or tested? I think we’re kinda just shooting in the dark

Hello,
    How do I go about updating the theme? The backend of the website says that everything is up to date. I’m not seeing any place to update the Sweetdates theme. There is another alert that I’m gett for rtMedia. The alert says “Please update rtMedia template files if you have overridden the default rtMedia templates in your theme. If not, you can ignore and hide this notice.”. Would that be affecting the fact that I don’t see any “Profile matching” option in the Theme Options?

ebrain
    Participant

Hello,
    How do I go about updating the theme? The backend of the website says that everything is up to date. I’m not seeing any place to update the Sweetdates theme. There is another alert that I’m gett for rtMedia. The alert says “Please update rtMedia template files if you have overridden the default rtMedia templates in your theme. If not, you can ignore and hide this notice.”. Would that be affecting the fact that I don’t see any “Profile matching” option in the Theme Options?

I have the same questions. thanks 🙂

I tried going to themes and uploading the newest version of the theme. I’m still seeing the rtMedia alert “Please update rtMedia template files if you have overridden the default rtMedia templates in your theme. If not, you can ignore and hide this notice.”. I also still don’t see any Matching Options. The Sweetdate theme should have matching options and they are not in the backend. Is there anyone that can take a look at this for me? Nothing is working.

Heather

Andrei

At this time SweetDate is know to be working well with rtMedia versions up to 3.5.7, for other version we’re already working on an update which should be released soon. Meanwhile you can just ignore those template warnings.

Regarding the Matching Options, can you please provide me admin credentials to your website so I can give a look into it ?

Looking forward.
    Cheers

Hello Andrei,
    Thank You. I’ll ignore rtMedia for now. How can I send you a personal message or email with the login information?
    Heather

Andrei

You can write them here in a reply marked as private.
    Looking forward.

This reply has been set as private.
     Neptin
    Participant

Still waiting on suggested settings for the matching system.

Hi,
    Are you waiting on the settings from me? What information do you need from me?
    Heather

Hello Andrei,
    Have you found out anything about the matching system? My client needs this fixed and completed by Monday 6/22.
    Heather

Neptin
    Participant

I’m just trying to get official suggested settings for the matching system. As I said most of us are just shooting in the dark.

Andrei

You don’t see the matching options because you didn’t updated your theme.
    Please note from this screenshot made in your admin panel that you have the theme at version 2.7 while the latest version available to download from themeforest is 2.8.2:
    http://seventhqueen.com/public-files/andrei/2015-06-19-nwx7n.png

Please update and let me know if you still encounter any other issues.
    Cheers

Hello Andrei,
    How do I go about updating the SweetDate theme? I have a child theme created for it so that I won’t lose all the settings.
    Heather

Andrei

If you didn’t made any modification to the main theme then you can just download a the new version from themeforest, remove the old main theme and re-upload the new one. You should do a backup of your site and database if you want to be sure that you won’t loose anything in case something goes wrong.

Cheers

Neptin
    Participant

Ok. I have the recent theme, 2.8.2, and this will be my 5th reply in this thread requested default/suggested/working settings for the matching system. At this time, all people are being match a 100% compatibility.

All of my requests have been ignored. Clearly I’m not the only paying customer of yours requesting these settings. PLEASE ADVISE. Even if it’s just a screenshot of the suggested or default setting to make the matching system work.

Thank you kindly.

Andrei

There aren’t any default/suggested values, you just have to select which of the profile fields do you want to be taken into consideration for the matching algorithm and set the percentage “weight” of each field in part.
    So the sum of the weight values of all enabled fields should be 100.

Cheers

Hello Andrei,
    I was able to update the theme successfully. The Profile Matching options are now showing. I’m a bit confused with the percents for matching. Whats the different between have 50% and 100%? How does the matching work with the percents?
    Heather

Andrei

Well, in the Profile Matching tab you’ll find a list of your defined profile fields, when a user visits another user profile, the field values will be compared and if both users have the same value set for the exact same field then that field is considered a match. Furthermore it’s just math, the total percentage will be 100, so you will select/enable the fields which you want to be used in the overall percentage value, and for each of them you define a percent of the total of 100. For example you have 5 fields enabled each with a value of 20 and when a users visits another profile and all those 5 fields of them have the exact same values it means that is a total match ( 100% ), of course if just some field values are the same, let’s say for example 3 of them, then the percentage will be 60%.
    This way you can define yourself the “weight” of each profile field.

Let me know if my explication was clear enough.
    Cheers

Neptin
    Participant

Thank you for these explanations! It helps 🙂

Thank You Andrei! That’s very helpful.
    Heather

justjessy
    Participant

My concern with the matching fields is that someone is not necessarily looking for someone who weighs the same. Is there a way where the users can define what they’re looking for as opposed to finding someone as close to exactly like them as possible? For example, a 40 year old, blue eyed, blonde, 195lb man may be looking for a 25-40 year old woman who is 5’5, brown eyes and brown hair. But with current set up he is only able to find the female version of himself.

Andrei

For the moment there are no such options available, programatically it’s doable but will involve some good amount of work to make them search dynamical.

Chers

jsw548
    Participant

I have a similar question to the one above:

Someone hates to cook but is looking for someone who loves to cook. Is there anyway to make that work?

It seems like it could work if we could create more complimentary fields (I am a man looking for a woman). Can we create more than two complimentary fields?

Or can you think of any other workarounds?

Thanks!

jsw548
    Participant

Also, our site has only two options. Instead of man seeking woman there are just, say, buyers seeking sellers and sellers seeking buyers. Those are the only two options so it would be much more elegant to say “Seeking sellers” rather than “Buyer seeking sellers.” How could that be accomplished?

Thanks again

Andrei

Hi @jsw548, to replicate or duplicate the behaviour of the complementary fields at this moment you’ll need programming knowledge, for your other request maybe it’s just all about the wording of your field names ?

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?