This topic has 13 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     Kars
    Participant

Hey,

Currently I’m running a website which matches dancers to find potential partners. Currently we are looking to expand our website for more than just helping them find partners. KLEO caught our eye, since you also made it, but we only have 1 problem.

Can people with KLEO also find/search through members by filling in certain fields? Like they can search for certain fields as they can with Sweet Date, for example select the age, country and in our case what style of dance they are doing.

On the demo I couldn’t find this but I was wonderig if it is possible with KLEO.

Thanks in advance!

Laura

Hello, actually KLEO doesnt have a search form, but it can be done using plugins like https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-search/ with custom styling and development

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Kars
    Participant

Is Sweet Date using a modified version of that plugin?

Laura

Hello, no, Sweetdate has its own functions

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

netsurfaces
    Participant

Hello!

@Laura
    “using plugins like https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-search/ with custom styling and development”

Can you give an idea of the extent and type of development needed to get that plugin to work with Kleo?

Has anyone done this integration already?

I am in the same boat as @Kars, have purchased both Kleo (prettier but less dating-specific functionality) and Sweetdate, have been adding some of the Sweetdate functionality into Kleo as needed.

As I am starting to look into adding the search though, BP Profile Search caught my attention, but Kleo seems to be stripping the POST (and GET) variables from the request (field_3=Man&field_6=Woman…)

Perhaps some pointers could help me save a lot of time as I am starting to look into this.

Thanks!

netsurfaces
    Participant

^My problem was due to my child theme template… sorry. Kleo works perfectly with BP Profile Search.

For a simple search the only custom styling and development seems to be a slightly altered “members/search_results” template based on the “members/index” and filter to get rid of the <h4> header…

For a complex search form now, using different input types, and on which I need complete control of the display/layout, I am not quite sure where to start.

Cheers!

Laura

Hello, will move this to feature request 🙂

Neptin
    Participant

Monthly voting limit reached? Diss. Well I guess I’ll vote for this in a month.

Neptin
    Participant

It would be cool to have the profiles like Kleo in SweetDate.

bruce7075
    Participant

Another vote for this. We need this IMPORTANT feature!!!!

bruce7075
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, @bruce7075 that might be possible with a plugin that does so, then we could see how it integrates with the theme

bruce7075
    Participant

Is the plugin available?

Laura

Hello, if they only need to chat or teach a language you can use bbpress and buddypress with sweetdate theme 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?