This topic has 18 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Abe.

• Author
     AdamK
    Participant

Hi

the media icons appear to be missing under the Media tab on the profile page.

I have tried this in TwentySeventeen and it is working correctly, see attached.

I spoke to rtMedia about this, they suggest it is a Kleo style that is causing the opacity of the icons to be 0. I don’t know if that’s for the lazy loading or what, but either way the lazy load isn’t working and the icons just remain invisible.

Please can you take a look at this and let me know how to fix it? Many thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

AdamK
    Participant

This is potentially also to do with strangeness on my desktop. If it comes up again in other testing I will reopen this ticket thanks.

AdamK
    Participant

Hi

I asked some other people to test this and they were getting the same results:

My support guy overseas tried this on Chrome, Edge and Firefox. It worked on Edge, but for Chrome and Firefox the media icons / thumbs were missing.

WPMUDev support had a look at this, they also had no icons / thumbs.

I have:
    – deactivated all non-theme plugins – no effect
    – removed all custom CSS – no effect
    – removed all custom functions – no effect
    – rolled rtMedia back to version 4.3.1 – no effect

This is an intermittent issue. One time out of 10 the icons will appear as expected. Sometimes if you leave the media page open for a while, the icons will appear eventually. Sometimes they won’t. Sometimes it will work 10 times in a row, then stop working again.

Please can you look into this and let me know thanks.

Radu

Hi,

Myab beucase of that error fmor console

Hover the name_remove.js

See what loads that and de-activate to test

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     AdamK
    Participant

Hi

WPMUDev suggested the same. I removed that js and the function that calls it but that did not fix the problem. This js is called from the functions.php anyway so I also removed it when I removed all the custom functions.

I have removed it again so you can check for yourself.

Radu

I see,

On my local install, it works the latest version of theme and WP and rtMedia

Try theme update and check again

Cheers
    R

AdamK
    Participant

Hi

that’s great. All I need to do is install my site on your server, with your settings and plugins and we should have no problems.

As it is, on MY setup it is not working, and that is where the problem is. I would appreciate some support with the issue, rather than keep telling me that it works on your installation.

I have installed the latest update and the problem remains. Please can you look into this issue and held me identify where the problem is.

I also have an issue with the site not scrolling in IE, there is a ticket open waiting for a response.

AdamK
    Participant

The problem seems to be with el-zero-fade function on the under media-gallery-item.php, if I remove that class from the li the items show up. They don’t fade in, but at least they are visible.

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, Right now Media shows zero items in the bubble. Can you add some so we can test?

if you say it is related to the el-zero-fade class, then it must be an error in the JS that is not letting the items appear.

That class was used by us to make elements appear nicely animated one by one

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

AdamK
    Participant

Hi which user are you looking at? Media is set to not show for logged out users. I will post some logins below.

AdamK
    Participant

Admin user
    User: Adam
    Pass: 6738ugj49P9xapY

Test user
    User: Bob123
    Pass: test

AdamK
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     AdamK
    Participant

Other information. If you refresh the media page while you are at the top of the page, then scroll down, the loading js does not trigger and the media items remain invisible.

If you refresh the page while you are in the middle of the page (where the icons are already visible), the media items will appear.

It seems there is a problem with whatever is supposed to be triggering them showing.

Also can you please get someone to have a look at the other issue with not scrolling in IE thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

I see it now, will remove the el-zero-fade class from the theme to make sure this won’t happen in the future

@robert
    is working in the IE issue and will let you know

Thanks

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

AdamK
    Participant

Hi

is it not better to make it work properly? I can remove the el-zero-fade myself.

Thanks for your help.

Abe
    Keymaster

Well on all of our tests it acts right and I can’t find what is causing this on your site so for the moment removing that class is the best option.
    We are registering a hook on media load and making the elements appear but it seems that on your site that does not happen. I also contacted rtmedia to take a look.

---

AdamK
    Participant

Okay.

I already contacted rtMedia. Since this doesn’t happen with themes like TwentySeventeen etc, they pointed me back to you.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Right now I added a CSS in Theme options – Quick CSS to make them appear

COPY CODE

.rtmedia-list-item.el-zero-fade {
        opacity: 1;
    }

---

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?