This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     nikb
    Participant

Hi there

Is there a way of filtering what is shown on a user’s profile depending on whether they are viewing their own profile or that of another user?

For example, let’s say Fred is viewing Jane’s activity profile.  I’d like to be able to hide the options to view her “mentions”, “favourites” and “friends” as I feel these are quite confusing and not really necessary… although Jane will still want these options showing when viewing her own profile.

Hope that makes sense and with many thanks in advance for any insight.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about selective CSS. You can use the below CSS format to limit items based on whether or not the user is viewing their own or another’s profile.

COPY CODE
    li#activity-mentions-personal-li {
        display: none;
    }
    .my-account li#activity-mentions-personal-li {
        display: unset;
    }

The first part of the above CSS hides li#activity-mentions-personal-li (mentions) on all pages the second unsets this CSS if the user is viewing their own profile. You can duplicate the same logic for all of these menu items. If you would like me to generate the CSS for you please let me know exactly which items you wish to be hidden when viewing another’s profile (screenshots with highlighting will help) and I will be happy to do so.

Thanks,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?