This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by js100.

• Author
     Grant
    Participant

By adding a Tasks component to the Members Area, and later linking those User Tasks to ‘Group Projects’, you are opening the Theme up to a whole NEW Market – Projects & Tasks – which is huge!

BuddyPress in combination with this professional theme has the potential to be a great community tool for projects and tasks where users can collaborate together. The current WordPress and Buddypress plugin support is this area is very limited, can be buggy, and often does not integrate very well.

A NEW Project/Task integration would take this theme to a whole new ‘elite level’ capable of being used in multiple corporate, education and community markets.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

What plugin are you using for the tasks/projects?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Grant
    Participant

I’m not using any plugin at the moment as none work very well – but will be looking to address this soon in some way soon.

I’ve tested a whole range already – like ‘BP GTM System’, ‘Task Freak’ and others – but none look very professional or work very well due to out of date support, poor coding or compatibility issues.

You’ve done a great job with the Kleo theme and have integrated it nicely with Buddypress. You have the ability to greatly extend your market into the task/project management market. I’m sure that integrating a ‘Task List’ option into the members area (as per the graphic I attached would not be too hard, and then when you’re ready, linking it to ‘Group’ projects is a logical next step.

The feature should be kept very ‘simple’. Within a Group, a ‘Project’ can be created. A Project should then allow you to create a ‘List of Tasks’. Each Task can be assigned to a ‘Member/s’ to complete. Members can view their Tasks. Keep it simple and people will love it.

That would give you a highly professional theme with many great features – social community integration, articles, project and task management support, etc. Do you see the benefit here? It would position your theme in a highly elite market with basically no competition that I am aware of in the WordPress market.

Anyway – just an idea. I know of no task/project management plugins at the moment that do a professional job in the Buddypress/Wordpress market. There is definitely a gap in this market.

Cheers,

Grant

sharmstr

I appreciate the info. But to write a task plugin from scratch isn’t going to happen any time soon. So, since you’ve tested all of them out, let us know which one you’d like us to focus on as far as integrating kleo styling and into BP. Its the fastest way that this will be adopted.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Grant
    Participant

No worries,

Will get back to you some time soon.

Cheers!

sharmstr

Great

js100
    Participant

Cleverness To-Do List like used in BuddyApp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Feature requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?