This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by raniele.

• Author
     raniele
    Participant

Hullo Devs!

One straightforward question for you, hoping you can lend a hand:

I’ve created several member types with the BuddyPress Member Type Generator plugin following your tutorial. Now I would need to set up member type specific member carousels, grids and masonries but I can’t find any information about it. What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your help

Radu

Hi,

The BP Member Type features doesn’t have many options by default from the buddypress plugin, you will have to create some custom developments in order to achieve your requirements.

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     raniele
    Participant

Thank you very much Radu,
    I think I might have found a suitable workaround for my needs, yet I would like to ask your support to properly style members’ avatar in the member directory “card” view. Feel free to move this thread elsewhere should it result offtopic.

In two words:
    a)I made avatars bigger tuning the following CSS rules:
    #buddypress #member-list li div.item-avatar img.avatar,
    and .img.avatar

but the pics are now pretty blurred and I don’t know how to fix it (same pics look nice in member masonry view, created via shortcode).

b)how can I change img.avatar (still in member directory) from .rounded to .squared?

Thanks in advance for you support.

Radu

Hi,

Regarding the avatar sizes read this reply : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/member-customization#post-59595

Regarding to rounded avatars use this snippet to have square avatars use this css in wp-admin -> theme options -> quick CSS

COPY CODE

#buddypress #members-list li div.item-avatar img.avatar { border-radius: 0 !important; -webkit-border-radius: 0% !important; }
    #buddypress #members-list li div.item-avatar {
        border-style: none !important;
        border-width: 5px;
        width: 60px;
        height: 60px;
    }

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     raniele
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     raniele
    Participant
     raniele
    Participant

My bad!
    I realised just after having sent the message where (my) syntax error was.
    Your solution went as smooth as witch’s oil.
    Thanks a lot Radu, from me and Ronald 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     raniele
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

Can you please provide me WP admin credentials + URL and FTP ?

To be clear : please provide me an URL where the members avatars was not increased to can fifgure out better.

Cheers

RAdu

raniele
    Participant

Hullo Radu,
    Thanks afgain for your support but fortnately I found a solutuion.
    In case anybody else is interested I fixed it addressing buddypress default avatar size.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?