This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years by guy_fraser.

• Author
     ruthie73
    Participant

Hi

I am setting up my membership levels and I don’t seem to be able to stop subscribers from viewing (allbeit a limited view of the back end of wordpress. I have installed the “hide the admin bar from Non Admin” but it has not solved the problem.

You can see on the image I am selecting editing profile and the second half of the image is where it takes me to edit it. Which obviously isn’t desireable!

Hope you can help

Thanks
    Ruth

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

This is a wordpress “feature” 🙂 Check out the Adminimize plugin. Its a bear to setup but works great.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

guy_fraser
    Participant

This might be what you’re after – seems much simpler than the Adminimize plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-admin-no-show/

Abe
    Keymaster

wp admin no show should do the job or this tiny little code added to child theme/functions.php

COPY CODE

add_action( "init", "kleo_blockusers_init" );
    function kleo_blockusers_init() {
        if ( is_admin() AND ! current_user_can( "administrator" ) AND
           ! ( defined( "DOING_AJAX" ) AND DOING_AJAX ) ) {
            wp_redirect( home_url() );
            exit;
        }
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

ruthie73
    Participant

Hello thanks for the information. I have installed the wordpress function, which does its job.I still want people to be able to edit their profile but can this be done without displaying the backend of wordress?

Thanks Ruth

guy_fraser
    Participant

Yes, just enable the profile module in BP…

Admin > Settings > Buddy Press, then tick “Extended Profiles” to enable the UI for BP profiles

Now, assuming you’ve turned off the WP bar for end-users (there’s an option to do that in Kleo theme settings) you’ll need to add a menu item to your Kleo menu bar so people can get to the BP profile UI…

Go in to Admin > Appearance > Menus, and in your Main Menu (or the Top Bar menu if you prefer) click the “Screen options” button at the top-right of the admin screen, and make sure Buddy Press is ticked. You’ll now get a new “Buddy Press” set of menu links to use on your menus, one of which is a profile link…

Attachments:
     guy_fraser
    Participant

And, if you want to get more creative, there’s a free plugin called “Buddy Press Direct Links” that you can install to generate more custom menu links. Heres what I set up and how it looks…

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘members can see word press back end’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?