This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years by erich199.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

sdcbe
    Participant

It would be great to be able to create two “primary menu”, one for logged in members and another one that is shown for not logged in members. Or is there another simple way to hide menu items for not logged in members?

sdcbe
    Participant

Related to this ticket, I noticed when I edit a page there is a section “Require membership” but without any options below it. How to activate this? Is it only activated with paying memberships?

Laura

Hello, for dynamic menu based on logged in/out users, please use the plugin attached, once activated, navigate to Appearance > Menus and you fill find a new check box where you can select the menu, primary menu should be logged in users ( but i do not remember very well) So just test which one is for logged in, then the other will be for logged out.

About the membership, this makes the post restricted to a membership level of Paid Memberships Pro Plugin, if you do not see any option is because you didnt create a level in PMPRO settings.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sdcbe
    Participant

Great, thank you, that is a good fix for the menu problem! Only thing left in the menu is the search box, how can I hide that for not logged in members?

I am also wondering about the security for the pages in the “members only” menu? If a not logged in member navigates directly to an URL he will still see the page. Is this possible to fix? I want certain pages and functions (forum for example) to be only reachable by members.

Andrei

You can achieve that security by using membership levels and block access to your content by them.
    And about hiding the search menu item, can you please tell me which of our themes do you use ?

Looking forward.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     PabloPeco
    Participant

Hi, dmlu_loggedin_menu.zip file replaces the menu bar navs plugin. Is it installs as a normal plugin?
    my web is http://www.radiosolar.com.ar

Thank you so much

Andrei

Instead of changing any code in theme files I recommend you to use a plugin like Nav Menu Roles which works just fine with our themes.

Cheers

PabloPeco
    Participant

Thank you so much

erich199
    Participant

I dont’ want to revive an older topic, but for those that are interested please try this plugin
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-menus/
    It works perfect for having hidden menus to logged out/in users as well as roles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?