This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by mgn841.

• Author
     vcarlton
    Participant

Greetings,

Two questions:

1 – how can I have the user profile fields show up on the registration page and when another member is looking at their profile? Right now only the base profile is displayed.

2 – how can I make members’ profiles visible to members only and display a message to that regard when non members try to see profiles? I’ve set the user profile fields to “all members” and the base profile still comes up when checking out the site as a non member.

craftbeermingles.com

Thanks! Cheers, V.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi,
    1. For fields to appear in the Registration page they have to be added to the Base group. You can drag fields from one group to another.
    2. If you set the user profile field to “all members” then individual field will not be shown but not the whole group.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

vcarlton
    Participant

1 – ok, got it. do members have to be “friends” in order to see each other’s full profile? how can I make it so I can see someone’s full profile? members to see other members’ full profile?

2 – I didn’t understand your answer “individual field will not be shown but not the whole group”, could you please clarify?

Thanks!

vcarlton
    Participant

1 – to clarify: I’d like members to see other member’s profiles……and non members to NOT see profiles but bring them to the sign up page….thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

1 do it with Paid Memberships Pro plugin and set the restrictions from Theme options – Memberships
    2 You have those settings for individual fields, so setting the privacy for a specific field ,.. it applies to that field only

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

vcarlton
    Participant

1 – I installed pmpro woo-commerce (I wasn’t sure which pmpro plugin you were referring to) and I can’t seem to find where the theme options – memberships are to set the restrictions, could you please let me know with more details? Once again, I would like to set up the site so that members can see full members profiles (with all profile groups), and non members are directed to a sign up page to see profiles….please clarify, I’m a beginner and need more detailed info….thank you!

Abe
    Keymaster

I think I am talking straight enough…….
    I said Paid Memberships Pro plugin, where do you come up with that? Please read carefully what we respond so we don’t ping-pong with responses and waste valuable time (ours and yours)

---

vcarlton
    Participant

Abe,
    I’ll reply with my usual professional words, quite frankly I felt offended with your assumption that I don’t carefully read your responses.

You don’t know me and I understand that sometimes meanings can get lost in words when communicating via email, but please know that I always try to research and do things independently, and only if I get stuck I reach out to customer service/support like you.

You said:
    Abe
    MARCH 10, 2014 AT 20:22 #12439
    1 do it with pmpro plugin and set the restrictions from Theme options – Memberships

So if you had taken an extra few seconds to type “Paid Membership Pro plugin”, I would have known right away because I already have it installed as it is part of the Installation Tutorial video, which I’m sure you are aware of.

I understood that you were talking about something else and even said:

vcarlton
    MARCH 13, 2014 AT 04:52 #12604
    1 – I installed pmpro woo-commerce (I wasn’t sure which pmpro plugin you were referring to)

I searched for “pmpro” on the “add new” plugin field, I didn’t come up with anything by myself, I was trying to follow the instructions, which seemed unclear to me, reason why I asked for further clarification.

Anyway, bottom line is that I found it under Sweetdate > Memberships. I’m a beginner user and not an expert like you, so if you say “theme options > memberships”, my initial understanding was to look for “theme options” and not under the theme “Sweetdate” options.

On a side note, I most certainly understand and respect all of our valuable times (yours, mine and other users) and, trust me, the last thing I want to do is ping-pong with responses, therefore I’d request that they are composed in a clearer manner. I’ve read many responses on the support pages and see a lot of back and forth because of the lack of clarity, especially for beginner’s users. Besides the Installation Tutorial video, I haven’t seen a user manual with instructions on how to manage Sweetdate (please let me know if there is one), something that would be extremely helpful and would definitely save everyone a lot of time instead of relying on posts on the support pages.

This issue has been solved so please feel free to close this topic.

I look forward to keep doing business with Seventh Queen.

Thank you for your time.

Veronica.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi Veronica, I am sorry if you felt offended, that wasn’t the intention. Thank you for your feedback and we will try to be more specific in our responses in the future.

Regards,
    Abe

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Besides the Installation Tutorial video there is the included documentation but we plan to add more video tutorials with different site sections.
    Thanks

---

vcarlton
    Participant

Thank you!

mgn841
    Participant

Hi vcarlton

You are not the only one lost here… pmpro?? (It’s as easy as guessing what aiacm means)
    How come this thread is marked resolved? I don’t see the answer in the post. I have been “wasting my time” and played “ping-pong” with my brain for two days now trying to figure out how to disable the members page for non-members. Did you figure out how to do it? 🙂 (I’m afraid to ask Abe, his time is to valuable to waste on his customers)

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, vcarlton said it was resolved and that is why the topic is marked as solved.
    pmpro stands for Paid Memberships Pro plugin. Install the plugin and then a set of options will appear in Sweetdate – Memberships. There you will see the multiple options related to buddypress pages

Don’t worry, you are not wasting our time 😉

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Also you should check the included documentation where you’ll find the Memberships section with details on Paid Memberships Pro

---

vcarlton
    Participant

Hi mgn841,,,,,,I had a note above of how I found it, message dated March 14: “I found it under Sweetdate > Memberships”,,,,when you are there, under the restrict members directory I selected “restrict certain levels” ….and then under “choose levels to restrict” I picked both “not logged in” and “not members”…voila! 🙂

Cheers, V.

mgn841
    Participant

Thanks for the replys, both of you 🙂

The thing is…. i found all these settings already. I tried to tick “not logged in” and “not members” but still everyone (i was on another computer and ip-adress) was able to write http://sitename/members and have all access. The only setting that works is “Restrict all members” But that setting just (offcause) keeping everyone out.
    I tried to disable plugins but i only have Akismet installed beside the plugins from the theme.

So im still looking for a solution 🙁

Abe
    Keymaster

Make sure you are not logged in as administrator user and you checked those settings for the proper section: “Members directory restriction”

---

mgn841
    Participant

I was on another computer and ip-adress and i was not logged in as any user, or admin. I just typed in the adress and have access to members and profiles. The members directory ristriction is ticked in “not logged in” and “not members” (as i wrote in post #13033). I have been setting up 141 wordpress themes in my life, i normally know what im doing. I read all your documentation step by step and saw the video. I think i have to find the solution another place. I don’t think it’s the theme. It might be something with my server config or the installation. I will try to reinstall. I will let you know if i find a solution.
    Thanks anyway 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Make sure you have the latest theme installed. Are you using the install on a different port than 80? You can share a link to your site to take a look
    Cheers

---

mgn841
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, I connected to your site and fixed it.. we did a small change in functions-pmpro.php so you know in case you need to keep the change if you re-install the theme.
    We will put this fix in the next theme update,probably tomorrow.

Thanks

---

mgn841
    Participant

Great! 🙂 And thanks!

/Michael

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?