This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Venter11
    Participant

I created a page to help members search for and make new friends. The search bar is only associated with members, however, after searching it takes you to a new page and if you type a new search, it shows results off all kinds of things that have nothing to do with members. I’ve attached a private screenshot in the next post below.
    Thanks!

sharmstr

Are the results going back to your custom search page? https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Search_Page

(there’s not image attached, btw)

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Venter11
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Your image doesnt show results of all sorts of things. If you’re talking about the autocomplete suggestions that show up in the search form when you start to type (what you have circled), those aren’t ajax results. Your browser does that unless your put autocomplete=off on the search element.

In order to do that you’d have to override the bp_directory_members_search_form function located in the buddypress plugin. You should ask on their forum how to filter that form. I’m not sure how to do it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?