This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     investa
    Participant

Hi, is it possible to have the members username displayed as well as their actual name. For example some members have a username that is the same as the actual name but without the space (e.g. Alex Hall; alexhall). However, some usernames are different (Alex Hall; alex94). At the moment, in the activity stream, I have the actual names displayed next to members avatars which is great but when using the @[memtion] it is not obvious what to use unless you go to that persons profile page and see it there. Is it possible to display both the actual name and the username?

investa
    Participant

I found this code:

<?php echo bp_core_get_username( bp_get_activity_comment_user_id() ); ?>

Does it look like that could be the solution and if so, where would I place the code?

Thanks again for all the help. I’m almost there!

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, the file responsible for activity is /wp-content/themes/buddyapp/buddypress/activity/comment.php around line 35 in this div i think

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?