This topic has 20 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     scottmriley
    Participant

I’m having a number of issues with this theme. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure them out prior to posting this. I’m very frustrated.

1. Main menu font colors: How can I change the font colors of the main menu? I’m using the Community home default. I would like to have a white background for the logo, but since the menu is white it cannot be seen. I cannot figure out how to change it. I’ve tried the options under theme and appearance (over and over and over), but nothing works.

2. Header styling options: Where are the layout and styling options for the header? It’s obviously wrapped in some type of page overlay, and without access it makes it very difficult to proportion the other page columns and elements. The parameters displayed in “Header options” in the “Theme options” menu are quite limited and don’t contain margins, padding, color, font and other styling settings, etc.

3. Image carousel shortcode: Is there something wrong with this shortcode? I cannot adjust the display size of the carousel images. I’ve tried “medium, small, thumbnail”, and pixel dimensions. It refuses to change from full screen.

4. Sidebars: There must be a way to insert a sidebar on a page in a section underneath a full-width section, slider or element, but I cannot figure out how to do it. I’m trying to create a Facebook type layout under the slider.

I also explored changing the global page layout setting in the theme, but that doesn’t change anything either. Something is overriding everything else.

Thank you for your help!

Laura

Hello, please share a link to your website so i can help you with the code
    1. Let me know the exact colors for each part so i can give you the css for it 🙂
    2. I can help you with the css also if you let me know what you want.
    3. Please share admin credentials so i can check it out 🙂
    4. Could you specify a bit more? Thanks

Will check out and help you in each point as you want 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

scottmriley
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     scottmriley
    Participant

Laura – I didn’t mean to make my reply public! Could you change it to private please!!

scottmriley
    Participant

Or just delete it. There doesn’t seem to be a way to do either from my end!

scottmriley
    Participant

Laura!! I need to know if you can make my reply with credentials private ASAP!!! Please!!

scottmriley
    Participant

Andrei – did you just change the display for me?

scottmriley
    Participant

Andrei,
    I unsubscribed for a minute, while trying to figure out what to do, so I don’t know if my reply went through. Did you change the post above to private for me? If so, thanks!!

Could you please tell me, for the future, is there a way to edit our own posts in this forum?

Laura

Hello, yes you can make your own reply private by checking the ” Set as private reply”
    Your reply is now private.
    About your ticket, will check out each point one by one and let you know 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Laura

Hello, so for:

Menu Item Font Color CSS:

COPY CODE

a.js-activated {
      color: black !important;
    }

Menu Sub-Item Font Color and Background CSS:

COPY CODE

.navbar-transparent .navbar-nav .dropdown-menu li a {
      color: black !important;
      background-color: white;
    }

Menu Arrows CSS:

COPY CODE

.caret:after {
      color: white !important;
    }

Cart Color CSS

COPY CODE

.icon-basket-full-alt:before {
      color: black;
    }

Cart Hover Header Background Color CSS

COPY CODE

.minicart-header {
      background-color: white !important;
    }

Cart Hover Header Font Color CSS

COPY CODE

.minicart-header {
    }

Search Icon Color CSS

COPY CODE

.icon-search:before {
    }

Search Hover Background and Border Color CSS

COPY CODE

div#ajax_search_container {
      border-color: white !important;
    }

Search Hover Input Color, Background Color and Border Color CSS

COPY CODE

input.ajax_s.form-control {
      border-color: white !important;
      color: blue !important;
    }

Search Hover Icon Color CSS:

COPY CODE

#ajax_search_container:before {
    }

2. Header Padding
    Here is the css code for padding:

COPY CODE

.kleo-main-header.header-normal {
      padding: 10px;
    }

3. Can you tell me which page to check out?

4. Sadly you cannot add a sidebar in the middle of a page, but you can add a Visual Composer element that adds it, the name is ” Aditional Bar of Widgets” i think, just place it where you can in your page.

For the last question, i would need more details an maybe screenshots if you can 🙂

topnation
    Participant

I saw this post and its similar to my issue, I’ve tried to adjust the header in style options and no changes, Its correct on my home page, but not on others. I’m trying to make the header transparent, tried trouble shooting many different options.

Screen shot where you can read selected “transparent” is what I want, but I keep getting the 2nd screen shot on other pages. Its only working on home page.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     scottmriley
    Participant

Laura,

I have only worked on the home page so far, so for question #3, on the home page scroll down to the first “Join Itoto House” button. The next section contains 3 sliders, one after the other. I put Revolution Sliders there for now, but I had been trying to use the (image) carousel short code there. In the editing dialogue box for the carousel short code there is an option to change the size. As I said in my first post, no matter what I put in that option box, the size will NOT CHANGE from full width (and height). I wanted smaller sliders there, about 400px x 250px. I’m going to try forcing them smaller by adding columns on either side. Hopefully that will work, but WHY DOESN’T THE SIZING OPTION IN THE EDITING BOX WORK?

For the last question, if you look closely between sections (on the home page) you will see small gray icons (stars). They are supposed to have short lines on each size, as they were put there with the “Divider with Icon” short code. When I changed the background color of the page from the default to the darker tan/gold there now, the lines disappeared. I also changed all of the fonts to a dark red, and I want dividers, icons, borders, etc. the same color. I tried putting the appropriate hex # in the text color, heading color, border color and alternate border color in the boxes on the “Main” and “Alternate” page in Theme Options (and WP Customize): Theme Options/Styling Options/Main and Theme Options/Styling Options/Alternate. No change. I’ve searched through every other section in the theme and WordPress dashboards/panels many, many time, and I cannot find any way to style the short code elements (or at least change their color to match my font color). The section right under the main slider also has a “Divider with Icon” in it, in white. The icon changed to white, but again, the lines disappeared. Is there a solution?!

In regard to the CSS code you provided as solutions for my first two questions, do I need to go to the main CSS page, find these snippets and change them there? What is the name of that CSS page? Do you have line numbers for the snippets to make them easier to find?

Thank you.

scottmriley
    Participant

By the way, I don’t see the post reply I thought I sent about making posts private.

I know how to make them private BEFORE I send them. What I need to know is how to change them to Private AFTER I send them. In other words, how to change/edit a post if I make a mistake.

scottmriley
    Participant

Another thing, I just read a little more about Visual Composer. there is supposed to be a Visual Composer panel available under settings, but there is not one shown. It appears that panel offers another way to style short code elements.

scottmriley
    Participant

Laura,

The KLEO style.css page (in WP Editor) displays NO CODE. There is a message that says:

/*
    * DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
    * CSS Rules in this file will not be used by the theme.
    * If you want to edit/add styles you need to enable the child theme and add your custom styles there.
    */

So…?

I have the child theme installed, so do I just add the CSS to the empty stylesheet there? What if I need/want to change other parameters? If I can’t see the existing code, how do I figure out what to change?

Laura

Hello Scott, for CSS you can add it in the child theme style.css because it will override the main theme CSS, never change main theme css.
    Some shortcodes does not have a color option ,so those need to be hanged using CSS, could you list me one by one and what colors you want, so i can do it for you?

For the slider, it may be a bad configuration in Revolution Slider options, do you have the autoresponsive setting on?

Hello topnation, could you share a link to your website?

scottmriley
    Participant

Laura,

1. Regarding your reply about Revolution Slider: I only have Revolution Slider in those 3 sections now because of the problems I was having with the Image Gallery and Image Carousel shortcodes. Please review my last post again for the details and respond to my concerns about those elements. The primary issue is that the sizing options in the “Settings” boxes are not working! Thanks.

2. Regarding your reply to my CSS questions: I understand your point about adding CSS changes to the Child Theme only, BUT… I want to see the existing style sheet (file) in the Main Theme in order to understand the existing parameters. How can I get the Main Theme Style Sheet to display?

3. Here are the shortcode element descriptions and specific style changes I need:

* Short Code Names –
    1. “Divider with icon full”
    2. “Divider with icon short”

* Current Locations – All front (Home) page, right now –
    1. (full) 2nd row, 6th row
    2. (short) 5th row, 3 instances

* Style – ALL locations; change text, icon and lines to color:#4d151d

I will most likely need to have these styled with the above color further down on this page, and on other pages as well. I may also want to use the original (default) color, or maybe, but less likely, a different color altogether. Is there a way to accomplish this without having to contact you and have you do it every time? It’s very time consuming to post and wait for replies, and with the issues this theme has had, I’m already way behind schedule! Could you provide me with the necessary CSS, or some other solution?

Thank you.

scottmriley
    Participant

The following link was provided to another member by Sharmstr: /kleo/lib/options.php

I would like to access the library. Where do I add or find this link?

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    It would be good to have you credentials to facilitate our work.
    Thanks! 🙂

scottmriley
    Participant

I gave you my credentials back on June 15. That’s why I wanted the post made private!

Andrei

Hi @scottmriley,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re disappointed by the amount of styling options provided.
    Laura has tried to help you but unfortunately you have requested a lot of modifications, which in some cases is more than what our support covers, that’s why I’ll recommend you to hire e developer to help you with your project if you don’t have programming knowledge to properly modify our theme by your own desires.

If you still have any questions on which we could help then please detail them and we’ll try to help you as soon as possible.

Cheers

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?