This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     rchatman
    Participant

Hello,

I added a plugin to my site to allow better control over logged-in/logged-out users being able to see specific options.  In doing this,  the choose icons option has been removed from ‘Live Messages’ and ‘Live Notifications’.  I imported the menus again from the demo data but this hasn’t fixed this issue.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

rchatman
    Participant

Apologies, I have deactivated the plugin and all is well. Please ignore.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Glad you found the plugin causing the issue. Some plugins that manipulate the menus in WordPress don’t call their code appropriately and as such cause an error with K Elements (menu icons etc).

As an alternative to the plugin you were using you could use Menu Item Visibility Control which can be found via WP Admin > Plugins > Add New for free.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/

If you do install this plugin each menu item will have a new field titled ‘Visibility’ you can add the below code snippets into this field to show menu items to logged in or logged out users.

Logged in only
    is_user_logged_in()

Logged out only
    !is_user_logged_in()

You can use any number of conditional statements and tags in this section. See here for more information https://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?