This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by giorgos.

• Author
     giorgos
    Participant

With BuddyPress installed you can add a link to your profile with ##profile_link## in the URL input from Links section bellow. Example: ##profile_link##/messages

So I perform above recommendation to add the profile links to the menu and it works fine except that it still shows the My Account menu item when users are not logged in.

When I put the native BP profile links under MY ACCOUNT then it will not show on logged out users.
    When I put any ##profile_link##/* link under then it goes wrong.

Any idea for a fix please?

Also any possibility to add the counts (messages,notifications, etc) in the future as done on this plugin?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-direct-menus/

Thanks
    Giorgos

Radu

Hello,

Try this plugin to conditionate logged in/out users what menu to see https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     giorgos
    Participant

Thanks Radu, Very helpful plugin, although I try to avoid using plugins for such modifications. It works though.

Any idea regarding the difficult part? Add the counts on the BP links like the native wordpress menu does and this plugin?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-direct-menus/

Radu

Apparently that plugin can do that, you need to try.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     giorgos
    Participant

Thanks, I hope those 2 items will make it to next releases so we will can reduce the usage of those extra 2 plugins.

1. Conditionate ##profile_link##/ menu items so that only logged in users are able to see.
    2. Add the counts on the BP links like the native wordpress menu does

Shall I put those to the feature requests forum?

sharmstr

Yes, please add them to the feature requests.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

giorgos
    Participant

Done.. I have added below additions on first item as it might be more of a fix rather than a feuture.

Please consider below 2 items for future releases:

1. Conditionate ##profile_link## menu items so that only logged in users are able to see.
    (Now My ACCOUNT main menu item still appears on logged out users, sub menus are empty thought, but the line separators are still appearing)

2. Add the counts on the BP links (##profile_link##) like the native wordpress menu does.

Thanks
    Giorgos

sharmstr

Looks like hiding my account even with profile links underneath is in 2.4

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     giorgos
    Participant

Thats good news!! One less plugin 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?