This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by iggy.

• Author
     cemwald
    Participant

Hi,

I removed the WP dashboard and integrated the user items into the regular menu. However, most items which are available in the admin dashboard are now not available (e.g. mentions, favorites, etc.). I would like to implement the complete items which are available in the admin dashboard into the normal header menus.

Would appreciate any hint for that. http://prntscr.com/5fmbbl

Many thanks.

sharmstr

Assuming you mean Admin Bar and not Admin Dashboard.

If you go to Apperance – Menus and open the Kleo section, you’ll see the directions to do that

With BuddyPress installed you can add a link to your profile with ##profile_link## in the URL input from Links section bellow. Example: ##profile_link##/messages

Be sure to add the full path. Example for mentions: ##profile_link##/activity/mentions

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

cemwald
    Participant

My apologies…Yes, of course the Admin Bar. However, you just made my day. Thank you very much…that was the trick….kept missing the “activity” part.

Much obliged!

sharmstr

I did the same thing when I was testing it 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

iggy
    Participant

I am sorry I totally understand how to link profile in the menu to the profile page, thing is, I cannot find a Link section to put the Link in. All I get is 404, regardless if profile page, messages etc.
    If I use just Links to add in the menu, it doesn’t work either..

What did I do wrong? Please help!

sharmstr

Click on screen options in the upper right hand corner and enable it.

iggy
    Participant

Still not showing in the menu options..

sharmstr

Are you doing this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     iggy
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Silly question, but do you have buddypress active? If so, try resaving your permalinks WP Admin – Settings – Permalinks. Make sure you have something other than the default and click save.

iggy
    Participant
     sharmstr

Can you respond privately with a link and credentials so I can see whats going on?

iggy
    Participant
     sharmstr

Yes, its private. We need admin. Create a temp account that you can disable later.

iggy
    Participant
     sharmstr

You dont have a members page associated with Buddypress.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     iggy
    Participant
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?