This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     ACTasarim
    Participant

Hi. I’m using Loco Translate and want to keep my po & mo files in Global languages directory (wp-content/languages/themes) as suggested by Loco. I don’t know why but my localized sweetdate-tr_TR.mo file is ignored by the theme. When I copy the same file to wp-content/themes/sweetdate/languages folder it works fine. Why sweetdate is ignoring WP_LANG_DIR?
    Thanks

ACTasarim
    Participant

Is there anybody out there?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late reply. We will take care of this in the next update since right now it is not looking in the global directory. Until next update please backup your language files so they don’t get deleted on update

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for misleading you. This is already available in the theme. From Loco plugin make sure to save the translation so the .po and .mo files get saved as wp-content/languages/themes/kleo_framework-fr_FR.po and wp-content/languages/themes/kleo_framework-fr_FR.mo

Also it is important that the translated fr_FR.po and fr_FR.mo don’t exist in wp-content/themes/kleo/languages

the French language is just an example and you need to change it with your language code

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

ACTasarim
    Participant

Hi Abe. Thanks for the answer. When I change the name of my file in wp-content/languages/themes from sweetdate-tr_TR.mo to kleo_framework-tr_TR.mo it works fine. You’re right. But now I see nothing to edit in Loco Translate UI.

Loco Translate sees the text domain as sweetdate but the real text domain is kleo_framework. As I understand sweetdate is not compatible with Loco Translate. I’m sure that you guys know better than me but at least you should immediately add some code to your style.css or somewhere else to show your textdomain to Loco Translate because Loco is using folder name for textdomain and you’re recommending this plugin to your customers.

Btw I’m waiting for an answer from timwhitlock (creator of Loco Translate). If I find a solution, I will post it here.

Best regards

ACTasarim
    Participant

Here is the reply of the author of Loco Translate:

Loco needs to know (or be able to guess) that the text domain is kleo_framework. It sound like originally it got it wrong. (common problem)

The best way to do this is declare it in style.css using the Text Domain header.

Additionally it’s good to have the POT file named correctly. kleo_framework.pot is the best option. If you don’t have a POT file, just avoid using incorrect namings for template files, like default.po etc..

Also, make sure you don’t have any of the old files with the wrong sweetdate naming conventions kicking around or the plugin will get confused.

If this isn’t your theme, it’s not a good idea to edit it. Pass this info on to the author if this is the case.

Andrei

Thank you for the feedback, we’ll address this issue in our next update.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?