This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years by samv.

• Author

I’d love to open up a discussion here about creating a mobile app for Kleo Buddypress users. A Facebook clone of sorts. Sharmstr, lets do this thing! πŸ™‚

The mobile experience for users is a little clunky…and an app would provide massive cache for those of us trying to build a big social network.

1st point of order:
    1. From my research, the first thing that would need to happen would be to create some sort of API. I beleive there are existing plugins that might help with this….

Any one else want to jump in?

Here is some more info:

BuddyPress API

BuddyPress currently has no official API for external communication. There are a few 3rd Party API plugins. These may not be up to date or working. Use at your own discretion.

API Plugins:

JSON API for BuddyPress: 3rd Party Developer https://wordpress.org/plugins/json-api-for-buddypress
    BuddyData: 3rd Party Developer https://github.com/modemlooper/BuddyData
    BuddyPress API: 3rd Party Developer https://github.com/boonebgorges/buddypress-api

sharmstr

There was a guy that was due to release a beta version of a Buddypress app. That was last Feb. As with every effort I’ve seen over the last 18 months, everyone gives up.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

None of those guys were me. πŸ™‚ I’m going to start this thing this week and let you know what i found out.

Rock,

beans

wittybits
    Participant

any news on mobile App for kleo now ???…how do we create or convert kleo to an andriod app

sharmstr

Yeah, Beans. What’s up?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Milton Ayala
    Participant

Great Idea! What happen? Maybe @Abe should get on this. I know I’ll happily pay for that option. Android and Apple please. Oh yea @ a reasonable price like the theme.

sharmstr

@milton, its not that easy. No one has done it yet.

Milton Ayala
    Participant

Wow! That’s crazy. That would be such an awesome option.

How about this crap here;

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wiziapp-create-your-own-native-iphone-app/screenshots/

or is there something similar or better? and would YOU recommend using it?

sharmstr

1 – Its still in beta, so no.

2 – Its a $150/year. Again. No.

Milton Ayala
    Participant

Thanks @sharmstr

A yearly bill for an app? Now that’s taking SAAS too far. lol

I know is not easy, But I believe it could be done. In the mean time, I’ll just wait. πŸ™‚

Taylor
    Participant

I’m no tech saavy person… but i’ve been doing some research and I’ve started using PhoneGap (adobe/cordova)… It pretty much wraps “something” around “my responsive web” to give it the app effect that can then be submitted to android and apple… here’s my public app: https://build.phonegap.com/apps/1493241/share … a work in progress (as I’m not even done with my website).. happy hunting! P.S. I’m building my project on a iddy biddy budget… Apppress is another source i found, but too expensive for me πŸ™‚ LOL… #shiningLightWhereEyeCan

henrofi
    Participant

The problem about it, you canΒ΄t upload images. There are a lot of free versions, but non of them let your users upload images.

clark_lai
    Participant

Android has WebView and Swift has UIWebView, essentially you could just wrap your website into a WebView window.

tmh23
    Participant

This would be amazing! Maybe lets start a Gofundme.com campaign so people could donate to the cause if some people are willing to program it (I have not idea how). At least they could get paid to do it. Just a thougt.
    Also for SweetDate too!!

Troy

henrofi
    Participant

Android has Webview but you still won’t be able to upload image.

hitenroma
    Participant

There is one App made by AppPresser Presschat which is a buddypress App.
    Will it work for Kleo theme.

mitchcan
    Participant

This is like the Holy Grail. or the Bermuda Triangle. πŸ™‚

I’ve tried mobile themes, BizApps, and Apppresser. I’d try carrier pigeon if I thought the tech was right and I’d get traction.

If 7thQ could do something, maybe they can bring the resources to make it work. For now, I’ve somewhat abandoned the app from web concept, but I may look at the Apppresser/PhoneGap option again if I can pull in some ODesk help to do the tech.

I’ve subscribed here for updates if this thread continues.

samv
    Participant

Any update

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?