This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by WinDroidAnswers.

• Author
     WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

Hi there

via mobile, we have a strange issue

http://prntscr.com/i6bd7e

the words are one on another and they are not readable,

how to solve this?

We may know if it is possible to customize the layout only for the mobile visualization,

for example, we just want to remove the avatar on the left. http://prntscr.com/i6be0x

our final user will use this site mainly (or maybe only) via mobile, and there is a lot of things in just one line, it is annoying. we just want to simplify this

But via desktop it is perfect

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I checked the forum page and saw that when the words appeared in Italian it was a poor fit visually. I have added the below CSS to your BuddyApp Child theme’s style.css in WP Admin > Appearance > Editor > BuddyApp Child > Style.css to add reduce the main column size and increase columns two and three.

COPY CODE
    @media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
    li.bbp-forum-info, li.bbp-topic-title {width: 35%;}
    li.bbp-forum-reply-count, li.bbp-forum-topic-count, li.bbp-topic-reply-count, li.bbp-topic-voice-count {width: 20%;}
    li.bbp-forum-reply-count {padding-left: 8px;}
    }

As this is a mobile display change you may need to completely purge your mobile browsers cache (except for passwords and form data) to see the changes.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

Not it is better, thanks a lot.
    There still some issues,
    what do you suggest?
    and how to change that words maybe? (see screenshot)
    http://prntscr.com/i6ejr1

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

As per your screenshot

I have added the below CSS to your style.css to rectify the first avatar/name issue as well as showing the full name that was going off screen

COPY CODE
    #bbpress-forums .bbp-topics .bbp-body ul.topic li.bbp-topic-title .bbp-topic-meta .bbp-topic-started-by .bbp-author-avatar {display: none;}
    #bbpress-forums p.bbp-topic-meta span {white-space: inherit;}

With regards to the Partecipanti / Articoli issue, it is simply exceeding the space available – changing the words to something shorter may be of use. You can either translate this word in bbPress with Loco Translate or WPML if you’re already using them or use the below snippet in your BuddyApp Child theme’s functions.php file

COPY CODE
    // Translate multiple words
    function change_translate_text_multiple( $translated ) {
    	$text = array(
    		'Partecipanti' => 'New Translation 1',
    		'Articoli' => 'New Translation 2',
    		'Old Text 3' => 'New Translation 3',
    	);
    	$translated = str_ireplace(  array_keys($text),  $text,  $translated );
    	return $translated;
    }
    add_filter( 'gettext', 'change_translate_text_multiple', 20 );

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

what is for “old text 3”?
    surely at the end of developing, before lunching the community we surely tranlsate all the words, but at the moment we can do it faster in this way, ok then 😉

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I left that line in as an example for you, you can add or remove translations by copying and pasting that line or removing it altogether.

For example

COPY CODE
    	$text = array(
    	);
    	return $translated;
    }

Or

COPY CODE
    	$text = array(
    		'Old Text 3' => 'New Translation 3',
    		'Old Text 4' => 'New Translation 4',
    		'Old Text 5' => 'New Translation 5',
    		'Old Text 6' => 'New Translation 6',
    		'Old Text 7' => 'New Translation 7',
    	);
    	return $translated;
    }

Kieran.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

I see, thanks a lot 😉
    have a nice evening

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

now it is perfect,
    we just need to understand how to solve the homepage issue
    http://prntscr.com/i9lq50

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Please let me know what the homepage issue is so I can assist you better.

Thanks,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

ok then,
    I try to explain it clearly.
    we have
    1. one homepage (the official homepage actually) when you click the logo on the top.
    this home page has some rules on top, a button to write your post, a list of the post divided into categories and some tools to report a feedback to us.

2. and we have a community page (the bbpress homepage) on the menu on the left with the posts in a chronological order, last on top, and nothing else.

we simply want to invert these two forum layouts.
    1. an official homepage like the actual one, but with the forum layout with no categories division and all the posts in a chronological order, last on top

2. a community page with categories in which a user can choose from.

how can we do this?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I can see you have another topic open regarding this matter in which you’re already receiving support from one of our developers.

Please continue this discussion in that topic https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/start-a-new-topic-button.

All the best,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

yeah, I’m not the only one who works on this site, i’m going to explain how to use properly this ticket system to my colleagues.

do you think it is better to add this explanation to the ticket you mentioned?
    may you can take a look at the ticket?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

It would be best to copy and paste the reply from above where you describe your desired outcome in the other ticket that I linked to. I will also add a note to that ticket for you so that the developer you’re working with can see that you left a reply in this ticket.

In the other I ticket, which I originally answered, I was unable to make the changes you desired – therefore I referred the ticket to a developer. You’re already with the best available member of staff to answer you’re query in the other ticket.

Thanks,

Kieran.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

you’re right,
    we’re very happy and glad about your support, it’s awesome!

Kieran_SQ

Thanks,

I wish I had an answer for you regarding you’re other ticket. Radu will be back in on Monday and happy to assit – thank you for your kind words 🙂

Thanks,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

oh gosh. we have only these two days for now because this is a community of windows and android lovers, this is not as a job, we spend the free time in this. saturday and Sunday the most.
    but if there is no choice we can take a look on Monday or the day after.
    thanks to advice us on this 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Theme options & Demo content’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?