This topic has 24 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     FD
    Participant

Hi,

We have some problems when uploading profile pictures from mobile deviceses (ios) to our site. The picture does sometimes not appear at all and when it does it’s always flipped 90 degrees CCW from the original. This is a big issue because more and more of our users are using mobile devices to access the site.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, could you check this out please with the default wp theme if it works?

Regards,
    Robert

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     FD
    Participant

Hi,

This is on a live site so I can´t test that. Any other thing or logs I can check?

Abe
    Keymaster

Maybe install a test version? And in what section are you doing this?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

FD
    Participant

Work in progress. I will run some tests on the test install. This is on wordpress and uploading of profile picture from the “edit profile page.”

Another thing regarding the profile picture. Is it possible to require the user to upload a profile picture upon registration?

Thanks for helping us. 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, There isn’t such options. I have seen just this: http://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-signup-avatar/

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

FD
    Participant

Thank you. I will have a look at it. 🙂

FD
    Participant

Hi again,

I have tested with the default WP theme and it doesn ́t work there either.

The issue is still this:

There are some problems when uploading profile pictures and other pictures from mobile deviceses (ios, android ++) to our site. The picture does sometimes not appear at all and when it does it’s always flipped 90 degrees CCW from the original. This is a big issue because more and more of our users are using mobile devices to access the site.

Is is possible to get the original budypress layout just for the change and upload profile picture page?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, If it does not work with the default WordPress theme then it is not a theme issue since the default theme uses the normal buddypress templates. Try searching Buddypress forums or create a new topic on their site

---

FD
    Participant

I does work with the default theme. Sorry for the typo there.

Abe
    Keymaster

And where you are uploading the file? Please be more specific. In the Change avatar section, in the Album section, Media section..
    We did tests on the Media section and works good

---

FD
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry for beeing unclear. The problem is in the “Change avatar section” and “Album” section.
    We are using BP-album for these sections and not RTmedia. We would really like to migrate to RTmedia but we have not found a working migration tool yet. 🙁

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, We are doing the tests from http://seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp/members/demo
    User: demo, Password: demo

All tests went trough OK. Try it yourself and it if happens show us the image uploaded and phone/browser used

---

FD
    Participant

Hi,

I have tested with iOS (7) and used the camera to take photos. We holding the phone vertically the picture turns out ok, but when holding the phone horizontally the pictures does not get rotated and displayed in the right way.

Another issue is that when cropping (during selection) the picture, the size of the displayed picture exceeds the template and messes up the look of the site.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I don’t think that the rotation of the photo you upload has anything to do with Buddypress.

We will look at the cropping image exceeding the container but Buddypress scripts makes it large

---

FD
    Participant

Hi,

If the rotation issue is not buddypress related, where is the error located then?
    Is it possible to add a rotation button as a fix?
    It would be really nice if you could fix the “image exceeding” issue as well.

Thank for helping us!

Abe
    Keymaster

It is just related to the image you upload. The system gets it just the way you add it. I don’t know how the phone sends it to the website

---

Ted Lui
    Participant

I had sent the question to you before couple of months before. Is for uploading image issue. And you claimed that you were OK with using your Samsung phone…….

But so far, the problem is the same and I am still not be able to upload image with the same error.

I am not sure how you could come up with “no problem” answer, unless you use the default camera to shot a image and upload, but this is not suppose to be a proper way to upload image.

I have attached the screenshot from my phone and give you for reference to see the fact.

Really, nowadays, everyone is using mobile phone and you should pay more attention to this. My website looks so bad with not many members upload photos, please solve the problem. I am not the only one who has this problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I just did a test on the demo site and uploaded an existing image from my phone in my profile in the Media tab without problem. Isn’t the file you are uploading a gif, png or jpg? Try the demo

---

MikePowers
    Participant

I am having this 90 degree CCW foto rotation problem on my site, too. I do not see a resolution here, however. What is the solution to this problem?

jonpaulb
    Participant

I dont know why the admin here didn’t just check with buddypress and come up with an answer for the questions instead of just running us around in circles. I went to buddypress.org and apparently its a buddy press issue that has been ongoing yet there is no fix for it (unless i missed it). Its not sweetdate but a lot of wasted time could have been saved if we had been told this. The post is from May 2013 so I would have thought that this would be in the FAQ’s or something here for those of us new to buddypress.

http://buddypress.org/support/search/sideways+avatar/

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I see a patch here https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5089#comment:9
    it involves modifying Buddypress core files so if they don’t include it on a new update you need to re-do the changes

---

Adam
    Participant

Here are some screenshots from the SD demo site.

While I’m not looking for a solution to the rotation issue – I am looking for a solution to the implementation of the crop tool on mobile where the image size is (more often than not) going to exceed the dimensions of the container.

Another issue is that the preview window of the cropped area does not match the selection over the uploaded image.

Attachments:
     Adam
    Participant

I meant to attach two different screenshots, not the same one twice.

Anyway, the attached screenshot shows the breaking layout.

Another issue is that the error prompt states the image is too small. In actuality it’s very large!

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hmm… well all that cropping and uploading is part of Buddypress and Sweetdate does not touch that …

We will look over the buddypress site but try to look also and maybe post a topic

---

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?