This topic has 24 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years by moroccanish.

• Author
     nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been having issues with the mobile versions of my site. There’s a thin white space on the right hand side that appears on every page. I have the same issue but in a much grander scale (half the mobile page is white) with the plugin Invite Anyone on the profile tab that says “send invites” that the plugin creates.

I’ve tried this quick css:

@media only screen .row {(min-width: 320px) and (max-width: 1050px);}

with no success…

Can you help?
    Thanks,
    Nicholaus

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, Probably has to do with a plugin or something..
    You can try something like this:
    @media screen and (max-width: 480px) {
    .row {
    max-width: 480px;
    }
    }

@media screen and (max-width: 320px) {
    .row {
    max-width: 320px;
    }
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     nicholaus1221
    Participant

Thank you! That fixed all the pages except for the one with the Invite Anyone plugin, I’ve contacted the plugin developer so hopefully he can get back to me soon. I’ll update this post if and when I hear back 🙂

Thanks again for your help,
    Nicholaus

nicholaus1221
    Participant

Actually the code only worked for about an hour 🙁

Please help,
    Thanks,
    Nicholaus

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Have you checked if the code is still there? I don’t think there is a way to work just for a while.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi,

I have been trying to fix this issue of the white space on the right of the screen when logged in for over a month now and still can’t figure it out. This is really frustrating.

I’ve tried all kinds of quick css but still nothing works. The white space appears only when logged in, so I’m very confused.

I also noticed when clicking on either the login or sign up buttons on the blog page when not signed in creates a misformatted window to sign in or sign up.

Please help,
    Thank you,
    Nicholaus

SQadmin
    Keymaster

You have a plugin that does that probably or you added some codes. Not providing a link to your site makes us wander in to the dark

nicholaus1221
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, I couldn’t log in with the credentials provided. When not logged in all looks good.

moroccanish
    Participant

I’m getting the same white line on mobile version

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Does the white line appears on our demo? http://seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp/

moroccanish
    Participant

Nope

nicholaus1221
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholaus, white space on the right is due to a “textarea” positioned at bottom of the page that probably comes with a plugin. If you remove class “box-sizing: content-box;” for that textarea entire layout will be ok.

Regards, Robert

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi moroccanish, do you have a link where I can look closer?

Regards,
    Robert

nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your help, I know this probably sounds funny, but how would I remove the class “box-sizing: content-box;” for the text area?

Thanks,
    Nicholaus

SQadmin
    Keymaster

That comes from a plugin of yours.. so we don’t have an idea 🙂

nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi,

I know the plugin is BuddyPress Wall, I just can’t find the textarea file in the plugin folder that would allow me to remove the class. Can you help please?

Thanks,
    Nicholaus

SQadmin
    Keymaster

That is a problem with the plugin so best is to talk with the developer.
    A quick fix from us to hide the textarea, add this css:

COPY CODE

.autosizejs {
        display: none;
    }

nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the quick fix, that slowed my site a little so I may just use a different plugin because I can’t get ahold of the Buddypress Wall developer. She is non-existent on the support forums and won’t hasn’t answered anyone’s topic in over 3 months. I may use the plugin by BuddyDev called Facebook Like User Activity Stream for Buddypress which I’m only having one issue with on my test site.

I’ll post an update of my findings.

Thanks,
    Nicholaus

moroccanish
    Participant

Did you resolve the white bar I still have a white on mobile version and on a ipad the bottom half of my background pic is covered by a bar, my site is http://www.arabesdating.com is really frustrating

Abe
    Keymaster

That was because of the Buddypress Wall plugin. My solution is given above.
    Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

moroccanish
    Participant

I’m not really 100% sure about how to follow through your solution can you explain what files I’m editing and il have a go?

moroccanish
    Participant

i don’t have buddy press wall plugin

moroccanish
    Participant

wicked found out fro adam where to put css and glad to say all is wicked:)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?